2X Rate

Can anyone tell me how the 2X rate is supposed to work? According to the documentation all I need is “Hardware Platform : 9” which I do, but then nowhere on the AP do I see an option to enable 2X. And if it’s supposed to be automatic, then none of my SMs that are less than 1000ft from the AP are operating at 2X.
Can anyone shed some light?

THank you.

what version AP/ SM’s are you running?

Is hardware scheduling turned on?

what version AP/ SM’s are you running?

AP/SM 8.4.1
Hardware Scheduling turned on.

* Both the AP and the SM must be operating on Canopy System Release 7.0

* AP must be an Advantage AP enabled for HARDWARE SCHEDULING and 2X operation

* The SM must be near the AP

* SM must be of th eP9 hardware series and enabled for hardware scheduling. (Page 354 manual)

* 2X Rate parmeter in the SM must be set to enabled (default)

* Amount of noise and multipath must be low enough to allow the receiving in the 6-db less sensitive(2X) state to maintain a high carrier-to-interference (C/I) ratio.

Check that first...straight from the manual.

Looks like this is my answer, our units are not Advantage.

Question regarding that: if I upgrade our APs to advantage, do I also need to upgrade all the SMs?

Thanks for this info.

I would think…since you’re wanting 2x on your SMs also…

I’ve never needed to upgrade to advantage because of 900 being Advantage, so don’t hold me to my thought. :wink:

I hear that, but the quote only mentions AP

plus SMs already have 2X enabled. Hmmm…

ephestian wrote:
Question regarding that: if I upgrade our APs to advantage, do I also need to upgrade all the SMs?

No, all P9 and P10 canopies will do 2x, but you won't get more than 7000 kbps agregate with regular SM.

Thanks for the replies!

We just upgraded to 8.1.5 using P9 boards on a few of our APs. When the SM has 2X enabled, will it auto-negotiate either the 1X or 2X mode depending on what works the best? Or, do we need to test each SM individually and adjust the setting accordingly?

If one AP is running 8.1.5 on hardware, and another AP on a different hill is running 7.2.9 on software scheduling-will there be issues? Both CMM Micro sync’d. Just asking because we have not upgraded all the APs yet.

You can run a mix of SW versions (not recommended) and HW/SW modes. Use the frame calculator tool - instructions can be found in the Operators Manual

It’s definately not a good idea to run different SW versions on an AP and it’s child SM’s