3.5 PMP450 APs

We have noticed that the 3.5 Aps (450i & 450m) will all of a sudden just totally freeze up, where you can no longer get to the AP, in some cases they are still pingable, but the GUI isn't avaible (cant connect to AP remotely). Has anyone else noticed this, we are currently running 16.2 offical firmware. They are on CBRS  as well. 

We have quite a few PMP450i and m 3GHz AP's deployed and have never seen this behavior... I also frequent this form often and have not seen any posts mentioning this issue.

Do you have other PMP450 AP's on other bands deployed that don't exhibt this issue?

1 Like

There are, however, numerous fixes and improvements in R16.2.1 (the latest released version as of this post), some related to CBRS and the functions and messaging related to that.

I would recommend going to this version if you continue to experience issues.

R16.2.2 will be coming out soon (within a month) that has even further improvements. CBRS is evolving, and as we learn more from interaction with the SAS Adminstrators, we continue to tweak and improve the code associated, so when this software is released (or even the Beta is released, which should happen very soon), I would recommend trying it.

1 Like

@CambiumMatt wrote:

There are, however, numerous fixes and improvements in R16.2.1 (the latest released version as of this post), some related to CBRS and the functions and messaging related to that.

I would recommend going to this version if you continue to experience issues.

R16.2.2 will be coming out soon (within a month) that has even further improvements. CBRS is evolving, and as we learn more from interaction with the SAS Adminstrators, we continue to tweak and improve the code associated, so when this software is released (or even the Beta is released, which should happen very soon), I would recommend trying it.

I will try this on monday night, in my expierence firmware upgrades on friday never work out in your favor! 

Thank you sir! 

1 Like

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

We have quite a few PMP450i and m 3GHz AP's deployed and have never seen this behavior... I also frequent this form often and have not seen any posts mentioning this issue.

Do you have other PMP450 AP's on other bands deployed that don't exhibt this issue?

Nope, no other bands have this issue, I am only running 3.5 on about 8 of my towers, they are overlayed with 450m 5ghz as well, and they aren't having the issue. 

@bowie0570 wrote:

I will try this on monday night, in my expierence firmware upgrades on friday never work out in your favor! 

Thank you sir! 

You can say that again... we try our best not to release new stuff approaching a weekend for this very reason!

It doesn't always work out that way, but agree with this sentiment.