30, 60, 150, 300 Mbps Power Supplies

Guys,

Working on a quote right now and I’m looking for confirmation that the 30, 60, and 150 Mbps units use the same power supples, and that the 300 Mbps units use their own special power supply.

Also - for those of you that have these units deployed in the field, what throughput are you getting on these links? This link will be about 1.5 miles.

Thanks.

The 30 and 60 use the same supply. The 150 and 300 use the same supply.

One a link with integrated 60’s that is 1.7 miles, near-LOS, and RSSI of -55 dBm I connect with 64QAM 3/4 -> 17.00 Mbps both ways (34 Mbps aggregate).

Aaron

Thanks for the info on the power supplies.

So these units ARE half duplex -> they use the same freq for Tx and Rx?

Do you think you are only getting 34 on the 60 because of the Near LOS condition?

They are full duplex - you can chose any combination of the freqs available. The noise floor at one end of that link is quite high. That combined with the NLOS condition is most certainly causing us an issue. I am not looking for much more out of that link so I have not looked further into it.

I have another link at 45.3 miles, near-LOS, -67 dBM that connect with 64QAM 7/8 -> giving 14.27 each way (28 aggregate). Availability is 100% over the last 7 months. I’m happy with all of my links. And another coming up in January.

I believe the 150/300 radios have provisioning for fibre up the tower. Not 100% sure on that, have to look…

Aaron

Yes, the 150 and 300 units have an optional Fiber interface, I saw this in the price pages.

Each channel used for Tx Rx is 30 MHz wide, correct? So you would probably want your Tx and Rx to be at least 30 MHz away. Are there enough channels offered to do this?

What is the management interface like? HTTP, Telnet, FTP? Are they SNMP-ready? Can they be polled and/or do they have a Trap Address setting?

Thanks,

Matt

Each channel used for Tx Rx is 30 MHz wide, correct? So you would probably want your Tx and Rx to be at least 30 MHz away. Are there enough channels offered to do this?

Actually, the radios are smart enough that they will not interfere with themselves if they are using the same channel for TX and RX. I'm not sure how but I am using it for one link with a very busy spectrum. As for the channels avilable, I'll have to look in the manual as I do not have any 150/300 links.

What is the management interface like? HTTP, Telnet, FTP? Are they SNMP-ready? Can they be polled and/or do they have a Trap Address setting?

I assume the management interface will be similar to the 30/60's - HTTP, Telnet, and FTP are all available. The radios support SNMPv1. They can be polled and written to. They also have a number of SNMP traps available (ie. Cold start, link up/down). They also have a function to send emails for certain events like the Traps - handy, assuming they still have network connectivity.

Aaron

Damn, that’s cool that they have an e-mail function written directly in the software.

I’m learning about SNMP traps right now and how to parse and deal with certain events. My issue right now is in a hot standy microwave system. If one radio loses power, at least 5 different trap events are sent to the manager. If the radio powers back up, 5 more are sent. That is 10 different traps. I can’t be sending out 10 emails/texts for a single failure.

I hear ya. We send all of our alarms to our cell phones as text messages. When there is a major failure we can end up with 30+ messages on our phones - we monitor our network from two different towns. From my office I monitor all of the networking gear, from our other office we monitor all of the tower/building info (power, temp, intrusion, RTU comm fails, etc.). I haven’t had the time to work through the escalation feature in Solarwinds. I’d hate to see our cell phone bills!!! :lol:

Aaron

An FYI - if you have Verizon and you have the Message package that gets you unlimited IN texting - a message sent to <your-phone-number>@vtext.com is considered an IN message - ergo free.

I wish - Telus is our carrier. I think we pay $0.10 per message. :frowning: And like I said, if we have amajor failure and our remote office loses connectivity I get all of the comm failures from there, and then the comms failures for here to there. That going to 4 cell phones (myself and my other IT guys) can add up…

Hmmm… I think I’ll look into Telus’ texting packages. Thanks for the idea!! :smiley:

Aaron