3000L AP shows wrong frequency in spectrum analyzer

Another head scratcher for me...  Tower has one 3000 AP and two 3000L APs on it. All running 4.4.2.  I am looking at the spectrum analyser on the 3000 AP and it obviously sees the other two 3000L APs since they are next to it. However, it shows the totally wrong frequency for one of the 3000Ls. That AP is really transmitting at 5.180 but the spectrum analyser shows it at 5.500:

That is the correct MAC address and SSID but the wrong frequency. The SMs are all seen at the correct frequency:

There was a time when that 3000L AP was in our lab that it was programmed to be on 5.500 as we built up the config. It was never mounted outside and the 3000 AP that is doing the spectrum analysis never would have seen it. The 3000L has been through numerous firmware upgrades since then and power cycles. Why does the 3000 AP think it is on the wrong channel?  To make matters worse, we are having a number of issues with this 3000L AP. It would not come back to life after a firmware upgrade to 4.4.2 from 4.4.1 and it will not see any GPS satellites with any firmware today (used to work fine with GPS). And the Ethernet port won't lock at 1G anymore.  Tower climbing tomorrow to replace it with a 2000. 

I have seen this behavior as well with UBNT AC units in close proximity to ePMP 3k.  Sometimes the SA reports the correct frequency, sometimes it is way off.

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback.
We will check and revert to you shortly.

Thank you.

@Au Wireless wrote:

Another head scratcher for me...  Tower has one 3000 AP and two 3000L APs on it. All running 4.4.2.  I am looking at the spectrum analyser on the 3000 AP and it obviously sees the other two 3000L APs since they are next to it. However, it shows the totally wrong frequency for one of the 3000Ls. That AP is really transmitting at 5.180 but the spectrum analyser shows it at 5.500:

It could be the the 3000 AP is being overloaded from the RF of the 3000L since it is right beside it. I have seen this many times with frequency counters and scanners. Get right up on a strong RF signal and the frequency counter displays the wrong frequency or a scanner will lock to the wrong frequency. Back off some and everything displays fine. Over the years I have used $20-50K service monitors for RF work and they all displayed this behavior when overloaded too.  I know this reasoning would make it seem that they all should be seeing each other off frequency if that is the case. It does not always work that way. 

I know this is a live network, but as a test to confirm if this is the case or not, you could set the power of the 3000L to it's lowest level (maybe late at night) and see if the 3000 then displays the 3000L's frequency correctly. Well..., I just re-read your post and it seems you have replaced the 3000L by now. In any event this may be a test for someone else to try who is seeing the issue of wrong frequency for an AP directly beside an AP. 

I had to take advantage of a good weather window and get up the tower and fix this. It's at the top of a mountain and this time of year weather is an issue so we replaced the two 3000L's with the old 2000 APs we used to have up there. We may re-deploy those 3000Ls on a micro-pop at some point but I had to do something to stop the almost daily tower climbs to solve issues with the 3000Ls.

Brother I feel ya. If I had the problems you have had with them, they would be off my tower too...at least until we could figure out what was going on with them, or send them back under warranty. 

I just programmed my first 2 3000L's to install on a rural tower, praying all goes well with them.