4.5-RC69

Hi everyone,

Just seen that the 4.5-RC69 (Beta) is available for my epmp products in Maestro, anyone had a chance to try the new software?

You should look under the ePMP Beta Forum

https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-Beta/bd-p/forums_epmp_beta

1 Like

Yes, we're using it on two e3k sectors w/BSA's with mixes of AC and N clients. It's working great... I'd recommend trying it out.

1 Like

Awesome thank you!

Hi, I have the new software on one of my epmp 3000 and have two epmp radios also running the software... did you leave uplink antenna selection on auto or force it to the smart antenna?

@DigitalMan2020 wrote:

Hi, I have the new software on one of my epmp 3000 and have two epmp radios also running the software... did you leave uplink antenna selection on auto or force it to the smart antenna?

I leave it auto on both the AP and clients... regardless of it having a BSA or not.

1 Like

Okay, thank you... im just monitoring the SMs on the sector and they are jumping back and forth from using the sector or smart antenna for uplink.  Appreciate the replies

Cheers!

@DigitalMan2020 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just seen that the 4.5-RC69 (Beta) is available for my epmp products in Maestro, anyone had a chance to try the new software?

I am running it on my personal/test AP and SM. 40Mhz channel, no BSA. Works great, but I am also only 765 feet from it. 

So is the jumping back and forth from sector to the smart antenna by SM to be expected?

I'm nt sure. Right now with RC69 none of our SMs are connected to the smart antenna at all. When it was working, 3 out of about 15 SMs would bounce back and forth. The other 12 or so stayed on the smart antenna.

Okay, sounds good... thank you for the reply!  

Anyone at Cambium want to throw in their hat on this one?

@DigitalMan2020 wrote:

Okay, thank you... im just monitoring the SMs on the sector and they are jumping back and forth from using the sector or smart antenna for uplink.  Appreciate the replies

Cheers!

We've been testing a later, private beta... RC71, and the BSA flapping is reduced. So yes, Cambium is making progress in optimizing the BSA and getting it working more reliably.

1 Like

Thank you!