450d losing sync

Greetings,

We have tried to swap several of our existing 5.8-450 customers with the 450d to try and improve their signal,  However we are running into issues where the 450d SM will lose sync constantly every 30 seconds or so.   When testing in our office we get favorable results (around 100 ft from the tower)  however we have as of yet been unable to deploy even a single 450d unit without the constant drops.  I realize that there may be an issue with noise in the area but will have to check that when usage is minimal. 

What software version(s) are you running on the APs, existing SMs and new 450d SMs?

we are using 13.4

problem reported to be a manufacturer issue.   This was reported by our supplier but as of yet is unconfirmed

Any feedback from Cambium on the scope of this issue?  

Please open a ticket with Cambium Support http://cambiumnetworks.com/support .  They will be able to have technicians troubleshoot this issue.

@Ziad Alsaeedi wrote:

Please open a ticket with Cambium Support http://cambiumnetworks.com/support .  They will be able to have technicians troubleshoot this issue.

I'm not seeing the issue.  We are doing 450d evaluation testing and need to know if there is a possible manufacturing issue before we move from 450 SMs with reflector dishes to the 450d.  

To do this is a complicated process which involves changing over our warehouse inventory, mounts, van setups, tools, etc.  If we wanted to play the "buy it and then spend half your time testing and dealing with bugs and manufacturing issues" game, we would be buying UBNT gear at half the cost.  Just want an upfront answer from Cambium even if it is "we have no idea what Chris is talking about" or "we think this is a one off issue with Chris' equpimnet".  

What happened to Cambium 2.0?  

1 Like

Pete - We are unaware of any systemic issue with 450d.  We don't have a support case opened with Chris right now, and cannot validate a "manufacturing issue" as stated above.

Does 13.4 support sync to 450 AP from a 450D? I thought this was a pending feature of 14.0?

Tim

I am a little unclear on your use case here.

Are you asking if the PMP 450d can output the sync signal to another PMP 450 Access Point (like in a "Remote AP" scenario), then yes, R13.4 supports that.

If this isn't what you mean, let me know.

@CambiumMatt wrote:

Pete - We are unaware of any systemic issue with 450d.  We don't have a support case opened with Chris right now, and cannot validate a "manufacturing issue" as stated above.

Thanks Matt,

I really appreciate the straightforward answer.

CP

My apologies for the delayed response,  It appears that the installer was a bit unclear on how to point the new equipment.   We do have a few deployed and they are working as expected.

1 Like