450i 900 mhz per tower

Can I put 3 450i 900mhz sectors on a tower with 7 mhz channels, 65 degree sectors? Will they interfere with each other too much?

Is there a huge performance boost to going 4 sectors, ABAB with sync?

@ElbowWilham wrote:

Can I put 3 450i 900mhz sectors on a tower with 7 mhz channels, 65 degree sectors? Will they interfere with each other too much?

Is there a huge performance boost to going 4 sectors, ABAB with sync?

Since the band is 26 MHz wide, you should be able to do three sectors as an ABC and you should have no issues. You can even insert guard bands between them. However you are limited to 7 MHz channels. With ABAB four sector deployment with sync you can go to two 10 MHz channels and get a performance boost over the 7 MHz channels. But be aware that a 10 MHz wide channel may invite more noise than a 7 MHz channel. A spectrum scan on the tower should help you decide.  

Thanks,

Sriram

We have 6 of these sectors running in 7mhz (all on their own towers). We have been really happy with the 7mhz performance, and so have our customers. 

We'll be putting 2 sectors on one tower next week. It will be interesting to see how they perform together. 

1 Like

We have done what Sri mentioned on 4 towers - ABAB. We use CMM4’s for timing and they all run fine. But, we are finding some coverage issues when upgrading PMP100 series customers in areas with a high noise floor. We are considering adding 2 more to each tower and going with an ABCABC config. All 7 MHz.

1 Like

I am running two 65 degrees sectors on one of my towers. running in the 7mhz. with high noise floor we ran into some interference issues but resloved after changing everyone over from the old canopy 900. For all my future towers its going to be KP performace 90 Degrees sectors. in 10 mhz channels. We are loving out 2.4 epmp we always try them first.