450i "official" power pinout

I know that the 450i (and presumably the 450m) will accept either polarity on any pair. But what's Cambium's "official" pinout?

It's shown in Figure 24 in the configuration and user guide, under the section on the CMM4.

Long story short, you cross pins 5 and 7.  There are other pinouts that will supply power, but you won't be able to sync the AP off the power port using them.

1 Like

>Long story short, you cross pins 5 and 7.  There are other pinouts that will supply power, but you won't be able to sync the AP off the power port using them.

Maybe I don't understand the question or the answer.  I'm powering/syncing our 450i's  via a packetflux gigabit syncinjector and we didn't swap any pins, everything is standard strigh through pinout. 

Maybe I'm not understanding the question.  Are you talking about the APs or SMs, and why do you need to know the pinouts?  What is the context here?

The documentation has pinouts for some of the equipment in it, but I'm not sure if that will help you without knowing what you're trying to accomplish.

I wasn't talking about powering a 450i from a CMM4, which is 2-pair power only. I meant 4-pair from the 60W brick or other 3rd party power injection devices.

There's a particular issue with surge suppressors + sync over power causing GigE to break (because of the sync pulse causes the diodes in the SS to fire).

The SS mfg I'm working with says it should not matter going forward. They will be revisioned to absorb the sync pulse spikes which should allow GigE to operate.

From what I've heard, this is happening even with Cambium's suppressors and certain conditions like longer cable runs.

Tables 27 & 28 in the 14.2 version of the Configuration and User Guide gives a pinout for both the Ethernet and Aux ports on the 450i APs.

According to pages 6-8 to 6-12 of the 14.2 Configuration and User Guide, the 450 and 450i APs use different surge suppressors.  I wonder if people are having problems with the 600SSH suppressors when they should be using the C000000L033A ones instead.

Is this only an issue with third party injectors?  We haven't seen anything like it in our environment.