5.2ghz firmware on 900mhz radio? We have one..

OK, I recall reading about this happening to someone else here but cannot find the topic now.

We just pulled a 9000SMC out of the box and fired it up, shows in red text at the top of the status page “unrecognised hardware using default values” 5.2 multipoint subscriber module v7.3.6

Tried upgrading with known 7.3.6 firmware, cnut reports P8 board, failure to upgrade use fpgaburn or whatever, tried that… no joy.

Probably will just return it to moto for replacement, unless you all think this radio can be salvaged and the P8 hardware is just confusion from the wrong firmware on the radio.

Any ideas?

mikeg wrote:
OK, I recall reading about this happening to someone else here but cannot find the topic now.

We just pulled a 9000SMC out of the box and fired it up, shows in red text at the top of the status page "unrecognised hardware using default values" 5.2 multipoint subscriber module v7.3.6

Tried upgrading with known 7.3.6 firmware, cnut reports P8 board, failure to upgrade use fpgaburn or whatever, tried that... no joy.

Probably will just return it to moto for replacement, unless you all think this radio can be salvaged and the P8 hardware is just confusion from the wrong firmware on the radio.

Any ideas?

This is seriously strange.
By definition all 900MHz radios are P9.
Also I dont think there is firmware for each freq,
at least there is only one file for all freq. The firmware probally reads a
register at boot time to determine the type of hardware it is running on
(freq, and HW version).

Send it back!!!!
wb2jrr wrote:
[quote="mikeg":22s2tjht]OK, I recall reading about this happening to someone else here but cannot find the topic now.

We just pulled a 9000SMC out of the box and fired it up, shows in red text at the top of the status page "unrecognised hardware using default values" 5.2 multipoint subscriber module v7.3.6

Tried upgrading with known 7.3.6 firmware, cnut reports P8 board, failure to upgrade use fpgaburn or whatever, tried that... no joy.

Any ideas?

This is seriously strange.
By definition all 900MHz radios are P9.
Also I dont think there is firmware for each freq,
at least there is only one file for all freq. The firmware probally reads a
register at boot time to determine the type of hardware it is running on
(freq, and HW version).

Send it back!!!![/quote:22s2tjht]

Yeah, that is what we'll do. Here is the CNUT output and the telnet version output.

CNUT

06/02/06 11:25:19 INFO    Host: 169.254.1.1;ESN: 0A003E90EFD4;Message: Upgrade Failed! Cannot update FPGA Output from Telnet session:  jbi -aprogram DES_P8_71305_S40D.jbc Wrong board type. Use commands burnfile or fpgaburn to update the FPGA image Telnet+>

TELNET

Telnet+> version
Software Version : CANOPY 7.3.6 Oct 24 2005 12:06:56 SM-DES
Software Boot Version : CANOPYBOOT 3.0
FPGA Version : 070605
FPGA Features : Single, 40MHz ExtBus, DES, Sched
Unrecognized hardware platform.
Device Type : CANOPY
MIR Cap : 7000 (kbit)
CIR Cap : 20000 (kbit)
Telnet+>