5.4 Ghz Canopy in US

Has anyone heard any news on if/when this will be available? I heard from someone that January was the release date.

beuller?

The 5.4 Canopy gear uses 5.47-5.725, which is part of the band used by 802.11a. If we can use this band for 802.11a why can’t we use the 5.4 Canopy gear?

Well it’s been released in Canada soI would imagine it’s been released in the US of A. :stuck_out_tongue:

When was it released in Canada?

Redline got their FCC approval and has released their 5.4 Ghz equipment in the. http://www.redlinecommunications.com/ne … 32307.html

What’s going on Moto?

Moto has developed the product. They are waiting on the FCC approval.

We are using 5.4 GHz for almost two years. It’s great when you have 200 MHz at disposal, and with the hidden options we get 400 MHz (5470-5850).

When this FCC approval it’s going to happen?

I believe Moto said they expect to begin shipping the 5.4 gear mid year 2007.

Check with your supplier - it may be able to ship in the US now.

The vendor I use says no.

should be soon…

If Redline can ship, then everyone else can too.

famous last words :wink:

I will review my slides and paperwork, but per Motorola direct at IWCE in Las Vegas last week, 5.4 GHz Canopy products have been developed by the big M and are awaiting approval at the FCC. They said they claim to be granting this approval and begin shipping product mid 2007.

When you think about it, we are in Q2 2007, so it should be very soon.

Were they referring to P2P, P2MP, or both?

They did not specify.

They were introducing their new product offerings for LMR, Broadband, and wireless data MDT systems. All they said was in my last post. My guess would be both PTP and PMP.

If more information becomes available to me I will let you know. I believe 5.4 GHz in both formats is being used in other countries. Maybe people using this band in these countries can shed some light on the product offerings.

We use them, we have PMP, P2P BH20, BH30 and BH150. We have 9000 canopies deployed in a city of 700000, and we are looking at number of 30000 till the end of the year. Soon in Europe it will become legal to use 5.7 so we are going to deploy 5.7 APs and we will use 5.4 subsribers for them.

If you have used 5.7 it’s the same, but you will get the chance to be the first who will take all the aviable frequencies :slight_smile:

You can use the 5.7 radios at frequencies above 5600 mhz, so I think many of you are ready to start now.

erkan wrote:
We use them, we have PMP, P2P BH20, BH30 and BH150. We have 9000 canopies deployed in a city of 700000, and we are looking at number of 30000 till the end of the year. Soon in Europe it will become legal to use 5.7 so we are going to deploy 5.7 APs and we will use 5.4 subsribers for them.

If you have used 5.7 it's the same, but you will get the chance to be the first who will take all the aviable frequencies :)

You can use the 5.7 radios at frequencies above 5600 mhz, so I think many of you are ready to start now.

I wonder how much the cost of 1 canopy at that price :lol:

Price is below $200 for regular SMs, quantities several thousands. We are considering lites for the next shipment.

Moto has released an updated firmware to the PTP400 and PTP600 radios and with it an updated user guide. In the user guide for PTP600 04-01 under “Regulations applicable to 5.4Ghz PTP 600 Series Bridge variant” FCC - Under FCC Regulations, operation of this product is only allowed with a License Key for Region 12 (30dBm EIRP with Radar Detection).