5700BH and transparent bridge.

Can 5700BH transmit data transparently ? and doesn’t it change source MAC address?

Can we use trunk technology in Switch ,in order to increase bandwidth?

for example, can we use two 5700BH10 link , reaching 20M linking?

The backhauls will forward the frame to the other side of the link based on the destination MAC address contained in the frame and based on the backhaul’s Bridge Table entries. The whole Canopy system, when in default bridge-mode, acts and performs the same tasks as a Link-Layer switch.

No, if you have a 10 Mbps Backhaul link, the rated throughput is 7 Mbps. This available 7 megs is then divided up based on the “Downlink Data Percentage” parameter which is confiugred in the Backhaul Master. This parameter takes the 7 meg figure, and allocates the appropriate amount of bandwidth to the downlink, and the rest to the uplink.

For example, if you set your parameter to 50% (of 7 Megs) it will allocate 3.5 Megs to your downlink, and 3.5 Megs to your uplink.

The backhauls are available with higher bandwidth ratings than 10 Mbps. There are 20 Mbps, and I guess now 30, 60, and even 300. I believe the only “true” members of the Canopy backhaul line are the 10 and 20. The 30 60 and 300 are made by other companies. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of these products can follow up.

i think you can use trunking to get higher speed and redundancy.
Other way, it’s much more expensive, but more spectrum efficent to use BH30 (you can upgrade it to BH60 with only software upgrading) it uses only 6mhz, or can get BH300.

wpeopel, when you say trunking are you talking about trunk radios or you talking about vlan trunking on switch level.

BH30 is an upgrade to BH60? , do you have to pay for the firmware ? why would someone but BH60 knowing they could buy BH30 and do a firmware upgrade (or they wouldn’t)

6mhz thats way too efficient, if im not mistaken the current AP/BH use 20MHz that is why you need the 20MH spacing between channels.

Now the only way you can push the same data on less spectrum, or more data on less spectrum is to change your modulation, and if you do that you are more likely to have errors and reliability issues. Do you know what modulation they are using 16QAM? I know Alvarion use QAM but then again they don’t stand up to much interfernce or noise issues.

I will look into it, but if they have changed the modulation, then unless you are sitting on a licensed band, I would stay away from it.

I talked about simple switch trunking. that means on both switch you have to configure a trunk interface including portX and portY.
Using this configuration all incoming and outgoing traffic will be shared on the two radios, if one link is dropped, it will configured to down (by the switch) and only other link will be active (until link is coming back).

BH30 is same hardware as BH60, costed about 60% of BH60, and you have to pay about 41% for upgrading to BH60.
Yes with BH10/20 you need 20MHz freq space, with BH30 you need only 6MHz (don’t forget it will use same 6MHz on vertical and horizontal polarity!!!)
You can check the specs, as i know BH30/60 uses 64QAM and BH300 uses 256QAM.