5700BH periodic drops, every 4-5minutes, all same length

I have setup a BHM to BHS, 20mbit models. The remote side looses connection about every 4-5 minutes, for about 20 seconds, then comes back. There is nothing in the log file to show any problems. The problem continues with the same pattern all day without any change. There are no line of site problems. I’m using the Master as “generate sync signal” It is not connected to any other AP’s or BH directly, nor is the BHS. I’m using internal IP addressing. Has anyone else seen this or know what the problem is related to? thanks for any help.

Patrick

I have been having the same problem. We had a lightning strike nearby and had to replace the CMM. The other two links on the CMM came up no problem the BH link is dropping the link to the server every 4 to 5 mintues.

I have run test on the link and looked at the logs but the logs are clear and the tests show 100% downlink eff and 72% uplink eff and an RSSI of 933 and jitter of 3.

When I run a continuous ping on the link the statisitics are no dropped [packets and an average of 6 ms of elapsed time.

Is there any canopy gear on the same most?
Have you tried changing the frequencies?
What version of software do you use?

btw, don’t use rssi as a measure for anything, post the values in dbm.

The BH are version 9 boards with 8.1.5.1 ver software. The Master is co located with AP and BH units on a central tower.

Found out today that 8.1.5.1 is not a good match for back haul units. Also found out that it is best not to colocate AP and BH units of the same FREQ band due to the difference in frame sync.

I will be trying some other configs and new software to see if this eliminates the problem.

a.13524 wrote:
The BH are version 9 boards with 8.1.5.1 ver software. The Master is co located with AP and BH units on a central tower.

Found out today that 8.1.5.1 is not a good match for back haul units. Also found out that it is best not to colocate AP and BH units of the same FREQ band due to the difference in frame sync.

I will be trying some other configs and new software to see if this eliminates the problem.

Upgrade the BH20 to 8.2, or if you want rock stable software downgrade them to 7.1.4. Try to fix that 70% downlink by changing the frequency or doing better alignment,, it could be a difference in point to point.

Same frequency for backhauls and APs is relative thing. It depends from number of non overlapping channels you have on one frequency band, sync, percent for uplink/downlink, the local interference etc. In 5.4 Ghz you can put 12 AP on one POP and link them with BH60, without interference from other near sources it will work.