5750SM

Hi,

Any comment on the new 5750SM?

How it is different from 5700?

jac

I believe the 5750SM is the Advantage 5.7Ghz SM.

yup, 5750Sm is advantage SM.
I already try advantage SM (both 2450SM & 5750SM) a few month ago but i test only in my lab :frowning:
The result if quite good n the throughput is ~14 Mbps (aggregate)

regards,
mrdlnf

We have a lot of (hundred) P9 5700 SMs connected do Advantage APs (5750AP). Agregate throughput is 14Mbps too. So what is the difference??

Is P9 5700 SM running 2x rate only in burst??

p_a_l_o wrote:
We have a lot of (hundred) P9 5700 SMs connected do Advantage APs (5750AP). Agregate throughput is 14Mbps too. So what is the difference??

Is P9 5700 SM running 2x rate only in burst??

2x mode only work on P9 h/w with 7.1.4 above, i already asked support about that several month ago and Here is the Moto Support (in my region) answer :

" Canopy P9 non Advantage SMs are limited to a maximum of 7 Mbps aggregate MIR by the bandwidth controls. Advantage SMs do not have this limitation. So for example we have a 2.4 Ghz Advantage AP and have 3 SMs connected to it. One is an Advantage AP, one is a P9 non-Advantage SM, and the third is a P8 SM.
Note: the >10Mbps downlink rate in your link test is refering to the downlink rate capable at the Advantage AP. P9 non advantage SM is limited to the sustained uplink and downlink of up to 7Mbps max which is set in your classic SM config page as attached in this email.

The Advantage SM is capable of using the 2X rate and is able to set its sustained uplink and downlink to the maximum of 20000. It will be able to get the full 12-14 Mbps from the Advantage AP.

The P9 non-Advantage SM is limited to a sustaine uplink and downlink of 7000 when the two values are added together ie 3500 uplink 3500 down link or 1750 uplink 5250 downlink. If we have the P8 SM disabled now the two P9 SM could get 7000 kbps aggregate throughput each at the same time or the Advantage SM could get more than 7000 kbps.

If we add the P8 SM it is unable to use the 2X rate and is limited to MIR aggregate settings of 7000 kbps. Then assume the P9 non-advantage and P8 SM are bothe attempting to use the full throughput avail able the P9 SM will be able to 7000 kbps aggregate and the P8 will be able to get 3500 kbps aggregate. "

Maybe Moto Support want to add something? :-)

regards,
mrdlnf

Nothing to add, the response from support that was quoted is correct. If you are seeing more than the advertised speeds then we can turn the speeds down for you if you would likeā€¦ :lol: