6ghz 820 ptp link RSL issue

I have searched thru post to see if this has been address previously and didnt find anything, so my issue is:

Installed a link 820 ptp 6ghz h pole approx 17 mile shot.  Our target RSL was -31, on one end we got -34 and the other end is around -55.  Link is up but not target RSL, rechecked power level, TX and RX Freqs, config, checked back of radio and feed horns to ensure they were set to H pol, swept multiple times, mast pipe level etc etc and this is the best RSL we can get.  The side receiving the -34 was installed approx 2 years ago and has since been there powered up and waiting for a counterpart, while aligning a seperated link to that tower we had issues and found that whoever installed the equipment on that tower had mismatched 6ghz and 11ghz radio and antenna and they had been like that for approx 2 years so we dropped and swapped them got that 11 ghz link up. the side with the weak RSL -55  we just installed.  there are two large omnis one next to and another above where we mounted this link.  Again we have swept multiple times and path study looks to be clear no LOS issues they are both up at 160 and 165 feet.  Could this be the Omni  nearby causing this, or the fact that the mismatched radio and antenna on the other side doesnt match up so wasnt sealed properly and likely exposed to elements for two years.  Management is insisting this is alignment but this seems like the kind of issue you get when you have the pol crossed on one side. Any ideas?

Hello, I have seen this type of issue when the polarities are mismatched between antenna and radio, or when the frequencies are configured on the wrong radios (Hi on Lo and vice versa).  However, it appears that you have double-checked that the Hi radio has the correct frequency assignments and that the polarities match.  I would also double-check any waveguide or mediation kit alignments/integrity.

Another gotcha could be the actual part numbers of the radios being used.  Ensure that the frequencies and channel sizes being used fit within the range printed on the side of the unit (not just the center frequency, but the whole channel).

Much less common, but still possible is a bad antenna.  I would perform an RF loopback test to ensure that the radio is operating correct.  If the loopback test is good, it might be worthwhile to try a different antenna.

I don't believe that the omni's would be causing a signal degrade issue and any interference would manifest as high MSE.  Ideal MSE would be between -37 and -42dBm.

If the hardware checks out and the polarities are correct, I would open a support ticket.  They will ask for the LINKPlanner file and unit info off of the devices.  I would highly recommend putting together a LINKPlanner file for this link, at a minimum to double-check part numbers, and the unit info will contain the configuration and logs.

Thanks for the info! I think the only thing i havent done but you mentioned is checking the channel size and frequency compatibility, I will check on this asap!