7.2 Upgrade...

I have one sector showing re-registration on average every 10 minutes with three units on it… jitter is decent, signal is decent… but re-reg out the window. This is on a 900M unit with software scheduling… unit is new.

Motorola needs to start waving their hands over the hat… because the rabbit definitely needs to be pulled out soon or we’re moving vendors.

Your getting high re-regs on Software Sched??? The only customers that have high reregs for us are the ones who do not have the best signal. Or high jitter/interference.

Dont worry, motorola’s software teams are working long hours and taking short lunch breaks. :wink:

Honestly, I don’t care if they’re sitting on broken glass and eating hot coals. I have a huge investment in Motorola gear that isn’t working as advertised.

(sigh) August arrives… :cry:

…and now we’re getting pissed off.

We are not waiting…

We are about 80% back to 6.1 and will begin using HW scheduling once all 900 MHz radios are back to a stable revision.

We are seeing significantly better performance (as measured by session and re-reg counts) using 6.1 SW scheduling with our 900 MHz customers than with 7.14 SW scheduling (dramatic improvements in a number of cases).

i installed a new 100 ft tower over looking a small town here in tn i actually did what some may say is a no no but it works fine i used 1 900 mhz connectorized ap with a nfemale antenna splitter so i am using 2 tiltek 120 degree antennas on one ap cause we just didnt have the money for 2 ap’s and a cmm to start with anyhow i have 14 clients so far using 1 t1 i am using the internal setting for bam in the sm i have some folks as far as 6 miles out i am using hs and out of 14 units i have two that reregisters one is at 585 hehe but they hadnt called yet. so at this point i dont want it to get worse i got enough customers to pay my t1 cost and i will wait till 7.2 comes before i sell anymore oh by the way i am using 7.14 and i am using voip with no reported problems as of yet.

ken

I heard a rumor that the 7.2 firmware has consistently failed testing and that they are unable to fix it.
It was also said that becasue of that, it was likely that they were going to suspend further updates in favor of new products for WiMax and phase out Canopy altogether.

:roll:

Since we have had no updates from the Moto folks, how much truth is in the rumors? :?:

pbwalsh wrote:
I heard a rumor that the 7.2 firmware has consistently failed testing and that they are unable to fix it.
It was also said that becasue of that, it was likely that they were going to suspend further updates in favor of new products for WiMax and phase out Canopy altogether.

Since we have had no updates from the Moto folks, how much truth is in the rumors? :?:

Walsh, if you are going to publish crap like this, publish your source. In today's environment, with the crap that went down last week, nobody needs some half-assed rumor mongering tossed in "just for fun".

This really needs to be addressed. Before I go ballistic ... Moto, it appears to be time to address this issue.

Thank you, ever so much. Monday MORNING is soon enough, given the other great news we've had in the past week from the FCC.

I agree with micers!

pbwalsh, where are you getting this info from?

We have made a huge investment in to Canopy and continue to do so daily.

most large organizations just don’t drop a produce line when there is such a huge install base out there.

Even if they want us to migrate to the Wimax product, most of us WISP still have to main our install base. You just don’t go out and swap all your product.

Get real.

Whatever the case is, Trango gets a call today. I’m now shopping around, since Motorola apparently doesn’t give a damn about this product now.

Shaman wrote:
Whatever the case is, Trango gets a call today. I'm now shopping around, since Motorola apparently doesn't give a damn about this product now.

Wait for Moto to reply. Walsh is obviously irresponsible and probably full of manure, publishing "fish bait", most likely.

If Moto can't respond appropriately this morning, we can ALL call WaveIP, Trango, or Alvarion.

Im not sure who manufactures it, but we are looking into some different BH’s to expand our network. They are supposely half the cost and the guy has had very good luck with them so far.

By definition according to Webster:
Pronunciation: 'rü-m&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English rumour, from Middle French, from Latin rumor clamor, gossip; akin to Old English rEon to lament, Sanskrit rauti he roars
1 : talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
2 : a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

Amazing what gets started when rumors fly with no authoritative updates…
:shock:

RTP

Flame-bait…

And its apparently working

ok Motorola.

In all fairness.

We have millions of dollars of your product between everyone on this forum.

We are not merly little users.

There are issues with the firmware. We understand that everyone has challenges.

Just an update to everyone would be nice.

It is starting to get ugly here and it seems that people are now starting rumors. (we hope they are rumors.)

You need to step up to the plate.

pbwalsh wrote:
By definition according to Webster:
Pronunciation: 'rü-m&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English rumour, from Middle French, from Latin rumor clamor, gossip; akin to Old English rEon to lament, Sanskrit rauti he roars
1 : talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
2 : a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

Amazing what gets started when rumors fly with no authoritative updates...
:shock:

RTP

Actually I was kind of hoping it was true. That way we can purchase YOUR canopy systems at ten cents on the dollar as you run screaming, "the sky is falling... the sky is falling...".

Flame bait, indeed. Source your rumor or be observed to be what others call a "rumor monger" and in some circles a "liar".

;)

I am ok with being Flame Bait… :lol:
Besides, you probably can’t afford us at even 10 cents on the dollar.

All kidding aside let’s look at this from a development standpoint:
Target Date: 6/30
Today’s Date: 8/08
Slippage: approx. SIX WEEKS
Status Update: None
New Target Date for deployment: Unknown
Constraints: Unknown
Milestones: Unknown

Motorola did not get to be a fortune 100 using this development strategy.
SOMEBODY at Motorola knows what is going on.
Since nobody is talking or even saying yes we are having some issues resolving the HW scheduling or NAT or Audio or whatever, the logical conclusion is that is severely broken and they cannot resolve it.

If you wish to flame me for asking if the rumor was true… (Read the original post…) or whether I started it to stimulate discussion is irrelevant if we can get SOMETHING from SOMEBODY in authority in Schaumburg.

I can wager that we have as much if not more at stake than many of the Canopy WISPS out here so there is no one more concerned about this issue than we are.

I propose that we once again communicate to Motorola as our vendor and we their customer to provide an UPDATE.

We are not asking for unfinished or broken software.
We are not asking for specifics, just a STATUS REPORT.

If this disturbs some or causes you to react as noted so far, then flame away! If we get some action as a result of this topic then we have accomplished our goal.
:smiley:

I guess at the end of the day, everyone is frustrated.

We just want to know what is going on with our investment…

pbwalsh wrote:

If you wish to flame me for asking if the rumor was true... (Read the original post...) or whether I started it to stimulate discussion is irrelevant if we can get SOMETHING from SOMEBODY in authority in Schaumburg.

Hardly correct. If you started it, it speaks volumes about your character and virtually garauntees that I (for one) will discount your comments in future posts.

It would seem that your obvious opinion of yourself, and your company, "Besides, you probably can’t afford us at even 10 cents on the dollar." have clouded your appreciation for truth.

One other point, in this medium, one is never sure whom they are dealing with. We might just be able to buy you and pitch your network in the trash can out of spite. You did notice the interesting ruling WRT facilities based VoIP providers by the FCC last Friday? Perhaps that will impact the great value you place upon your huge network? Perhaps you resell a bit of DSL out there in south Dallas?

Atleast you managed to accomplish what you set out to do, piss some people off. Nice job but pissing people off is usually the best way to ensure that NO information is forth coming.

I think we are done here. It is best for me to drop this at this point before I really get right to the point.

Good day.