8.2.4 lock-up

Does anyone have lock up (ethernet or http) experience on R8.2.4?

upgrade to 9.0, it preforms and is more reliable than all of the 8.x builds

Agreed. I had random ethernet issues on all of the 8.x software revisions.

Version 8.2.4 solve most of the lock up issue in our Canopy Network but we received a few reports that some AP had lock up after upgrading to R8.2.4., we still investigating if it is a valid lock up.

Currently, version 9.0 is under test, observation, and feedback from other costumer for the most stable release.

A few of our AP’s would lock up after about 4-6 days of continuous operation when we upgraded to 8.24.
I set up in Prizm to reboot the AP’s every third day @ 5:00 AM. That took care of the problem.
Somewhere in this forum, it was determined to be a memory leak in the 8.24 firmware.
The rebooting was just a bandaid that worked.
We went to 9.0 right after the release and it has been very stable. I removed the auto-reboot and so far so good.
On a side note, we noticed that our re-regs have dramatically reduced since the 9.0 upgrade.

Reay

Reay,

Did you experience a periodic lock up or just a one time experience?

Three of our AP’s locked up every third or fourth day.
Auto-reboot was a bandaid, moving to 9.0 was a fix.

Reay

I believe one of the issues had to do with a memory leak when switching LUID’s on the AP - mainly when looking at the session status page and clicking on the links to go to the SM config pages via that.

That is the way I remember it as well.

Reay

Any logs in the AP Event log that will signify a memory leak in the AP? Is there a field alert regarding this memory leak on the 8.2.4? I look over but I dont see one.

paltik wrote:
Any logs in the AP Event log that will signify a memory leak in the AP? Is there a field alert regarding this memory leak on the 8.2.4? I look over but I dont see one.

There used to be a KB article on it - no idea where it is now. I believe it would also be mentioned in the 8.2.7 and 9.0 changelog. From what I recall the AP continued to pass traffic normally but the web interface was inaccessible.