8.2.7 released

Just noticed today that 8.2.7 has been released. Claims to have fixed the P10 Lite SM calibration issue with NAT/DHCP as well as other NAT/DHCP server issues.

Anyone brave enough to try this release, please share with us your results. I’ll be deploying it in small numbers in a couple of weeks.

8.2.7 requires CNUT release 3.x for upgrade.
I tried to install on the same pc where I have CNUT 2.2 and… it doesn’twork :frowning:
(java thread exception)

Same here. This is what I get when I try to run CNUT v3.1r2:

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: '_jvm’bin’java

Running 2000 SP4. Tested it on XP and it seems to work fine though.

Edit: I copied java.exe over from the Java Runtime Environment and that seemed to fix it. Here it is if you need it http://www.zshare.net/download/15419167222a5dd2/ (place in ‘Canopy’NetworkUpdater’_jvm’bin)

I have no problem running CNUT 3.x and CNUT 2.2 on Fedora 8.

I’m running it on a few hundred SM’s (most have NAT/DHCP)… 20 AP’s and 8 BH’s… seems to be good so far

We have tested it on 800 radios both P9 and P10 and have noticed great improvement.

Noticed benefits so far:
1) Radios register, and continue trying!
2) SNMP response it much better
3) Fixed weird ethernet problems
4) Increased throughput.

So far so good. Everyone abandon 8.2.4!!! ASAP!!!

Loaded it on an ap and sm just to test…no issues so far…will wait to see if anything pops up before going full bore…

citescapeLLC wrote:
We have tested it on 800 radios both P9 and P10 and have noticed great improvement.

Noticed benefits so far:
1) Radios register, and continue trying!
2) SNMP response it much better
3) Fixed weird ethernet problems
4) Increased throughput.

So far so good. Everyone abandon 8.2.4!!!! ASAP!!!

Hope that when I start rolling it out I see some improvement on the Prizm side of things. I have elements that are never up according to Prizm but have never had any issues. SNMP is all jacked up (and no, it's not network connectivity issues either).

good…good reviews so far. good job moto.

ajb wrote:
Same here. This is what I get when I try to run CNUT v3.1r2:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: \'_jvm\'bin\'java

Running 2000 SP4. Tested it on XP and it seems to work fine though.

Edit: I copied java.exe over from the Java Runtime Environment and that seemed to fix it. Here it is if you need it http://www.zshare.net/download/15419167222a5dd2/ (place in \'Canopy\'NetworkUpdater\'_jvm\'bin)

It is Windows 2000 SP4 workgroup in my case as well.
I tried your tip and IT DID WORK!!! :)
Thank you ajb

Will 8.2.7 still work with Prizm 2.1 or do you need to run Prizm 3.1?

We don’t use Prizm since we are developing our own control system, that is far superior than the Motorola Product, but any way 8.2.7 comes in package 3 format.

For anyone installing CNUT ver 3 (latest version for XP) I have found that it will install only if you have the firmware versions sitting in a folder or on the desktop before installing the CNUT tool.

Hope this helps

Any one notice if this resolved the issue with P9 in NAT or Bridge mode where for no noticeable reason the SM stops sending data? The only customers that seem to notice our our VOIP users.

I spoke with a Motorola engineer who stated that 8.2.7 is their attempt to emulate the success of “7.3.6” with the 8.x code. I upgraded 25 APs, 20 BHs, and over 100 SMs and they all have a lot better connectivity than the 8.2.4 release.

Overall, I’ve very satisfied with this release.

-Mike

Update on my upgrades, so far no issues. Has made things better on the units I have upgraded. I do not use nat, so can’t speak for that…

a am testing 8.2.7 on 4 SMs right now…
had a customer with 8.2.4 power lvl at -79db had 50 re-regs in 5hrs
upgraded that SM to 8.2.7 now power lvl at -77db no re-regs the past 3hrs
and just clicking around in the SM is a lot snapier

good job MOTO…finaly :lol:

I have a 900mhz p10 8.2.7 running NAT that stated registered on customer status screen. Had customer reboot and it stated it registered. The tower is a p9 7.3.6 software and always showed the customer as idle. Also the tower shows 8.2_6 software. Had to reboot the tower with 65 customers on it to get them back up… arg… Anyone else running into this?

anthonyw wrote:
I have a 900mhz p10 8.2.7 running NAT that stated registered on customer status screen. Had customer reboot and it stated it registered. The tower is a p9 7.3.6 software and always showed the customer as idle. Also the tower shows 8.2_6 software. Had to reboot the tower with 65 customers on it to get them back up....................... arg.............. Anyone else running into this?

v8.x.x = hardware (scheduling) only

What equip. is on your tower? FWIW P9 AP's will allow v8.x.x software to be loaded.

Everything is hardware Scheduling. The customer did reconnect after rebooting the tower. Signal levels are low 60’s on both ends. Noise floor is -85 at the tower. Customer is 2 miles away with about 30’ of foliage in the shot at the customer site about 200’ away from the SM. Ambient temp at the time of issue was about 80*F. Customer is NAT connected directly to computer.

So the AP is running 7.3.6 software and the SM is running 8.2.7?
If thats the case you definitely need to upgrade the AP.