900 MHz Antenna comparison

I thought I would share the results of a side by side SM antenna comparison I conducted today.

I used one 900 MHz P10 connectorized radio to conduct the tests.
The integrated P9 AP I was pointing at is approximately 5 km (3.13 mi) away. The tops of a couple of buildings may encroch the line of sight.

Both SM and AP had power turned up to 28 dBm

M-Squared 917A-ISP Yagi (17 dBi)
Power as seen by AP: -59
Power as seen by SM: -61

DMS Wireless 900 MHz Yagi (18 dBi)
Power as seen by AP: -67
Power as seen by SM: -69

Wireless Beehive - Stinger (10.5 dBi)
Power as seen by AP: -74
Power as seen by SM: -70

Integrated Canopy Antenna (12.5 dBi)
Power as seen by AP: -68
Power as seen by SM: -68

If i use the 10dbi yagi antennas, what should be my power be on the SM? Also if its set to 28 on the SM will the setting on the AP need to match?

but btw thats a nice comparison

Thank you!

M-squared looks like a nice antenna

The M2Inc antennas are very well built compared to the 18dbi yagis we have used in the past.

We have also settled on the M2 antennas after a lot of searching and experimenting. We concur that the 17dBi M2 antenna performs noticeably better than the 18dBi antennas that we have tried. Not to mention mounting hardware is simple, reliable and effective compared to others we have tried. At this point, we keep stock on stingers, and the 14 and 17dBi M2 antennas.

Has anybody that is using the M2 17dBi noticed if they perform better than other antennas when trees (No Pines) are blocking LOS?

We are using a M2 17dbi yagi and it has to penetrate A LOT of foliage. Tried a stinger, but the jitter and dbm were too high (-80, 11-12). When we slapped this M2 yagi on, dbm is at 61 and the jitter is consistantly at 8-9)

FYI, our trees are mainly oak, but have some pines. trees are between 60-80ft and are quite dense in some areas. Our Sm is at 35ft and the AP is at 65. This is over a 1 mile span.