900 MHz range?

What distances across farmland/woods/creeks are you getting from the 900 MHz units? To date 3-5 miles is the best that I’ve seen and this decreases rapidly as the canopy/wetlands/water increases (failure to register at 0.5 miles).

Session Status REGISTERED Air Delay 171 (approximately 4.76 miles (25137 feet))
Jitter: 4 RSSI: 1354 (-81 dBm)
Jitter: 5 RSSI: 1484 Power Level: -73 Beacon Count: 17 BRcvW: 0
Jitter: 4 RSSI: 1347 Power Level: -81 Beacon Count: 19 BRcvW: 0
Jitter: 4 RSSI: 1384 Power Level: -71 Beacon Count: 17 BRcvW: 0
Downlink RATE: 1560576 bps Uplink RATE: 466944 bps
Downlink Efficiency: 90 Percent Uplink Efficiency: 100 Percent
100’ tower - 906MHz Vertical with 8 dB panel on SM / Omni on AP

Session Status REGISTERED Air Delay 131 (approximately 3.65 miles (19257 feet) - Note the tower is visible to the naked eye from this site)
Index: 0 Frequency: 924.0 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-90-00-cf
Jitter: 2 RSSI: 1845 (-61 dBm)
Jitter: 4 RSSI: 1831 Power Level: -61 Beacon Count: 20 BRcvW: 0
Downlink RATE: 1728768 bps Uplink RATE: 390144 bps
Downlink Efficiency: 100 Percent Uplink Efficiency: 100 Percent
275’ tower - 906MHz Horizontal with 8 dB panel on SM / Integrated AP

We are geting up to 8 miles in our current vertical polarization. We are switching to Horizontal very soon to get rid of interference problems. We are currently on a 170ft tower site, and are also switching to a 200 ft water tower site on top pf a hill.

When you are talking vertical and horizontal - can you do this with the 1 piece 900mhz SM? I tried it at less then a mile from the AP and it did not register. As soon as I turned vertical it registered. Curious on how to do that. We are having some issues with 900 customers and need solutions.

The best we have received here in Ohio (fairly flat ground) is 5.6 miles aiming at a tower that 195ft high.

From what I hear the 900mhz isnt about height? Is this true? You dont necessarily have to be at the top of a 2 ft tower to get good coverage?

I am hearing both sides… wanted to rule out one or the other. Thanks!

We got 2 900mhz link over 35 miles

I see you guys are using 900 Mhz?You should check out with a 17.5 and 14.5 Dbi Yagi antenna. By Kp Performance Antennas

www.kpperformance.ca

Take care

I’m guessing your mixing poles, we have tons of links more than 10 miles no problem on V pol SM and APs

DON"T USE OMNIs they suck, i don’t care who makes them i’ve never seen a good 1.

use proper sector panels and you will see a major diffrence in range and reliability.

and above all else make sure all SMs and APs are the same pole we use H pole for noise and multipath reasons

we are getting up to 10 miles and a few up to twelve off an mti omni using m2 yagis on the SMs

thatoneguysteve wrote:
we are getting up to 10 miles and a few up to twelve off an mti omni using m2 yagis on the SMs

I have a 13 mile shot off an MTI omni and an M2 yagi at the SM. Success with omnis is going to depend heavily on your noise floor, however.

if you didn’t cut your transmit powers back on the M2s you are well over FCC limits… not that i care, but that being said, using an omni, in a legal fashion reduces your link budge a fair amount, and 5 or 6 db in the link budged can make the diffrence of a connecting customers or not, not to mention they have more problems with noise.
a clean noise floor is an absolute must