900 problems

I am having a small problem and thought I would ask the population about it. I have 3 900 AP’s running with 120 degree sector antenna’s. I have them set to the non-overlapping Freg. of 906, 915, 924. I have them hooked up to a CMM that is providing them sync. This tower is a 110 feet in the air. I have about 54 SM’s hooked up across all 3 AP’s. I have a competitor that decided to put up a 900 AP on a tower at 280 feet in the air. He is using a 360 omni and also a sync pipe for his sync. The problem is it is creating problem for my AP that is on the 915 freg. He is also broadcasting on this Freg. Our settings are the same as far as control slots and distance. However about 10 of my SM’s is now having trouble connecting. They see his AP and mine. Even though the color codes are different the SM’s appear confused on who to connect to. Also, after they do connect there traffic is very slow moving. I know this must be interference from the new AP as everything worked great up until he turned his AP on. (Bless his heart). I am not sure if there are any options here but your thoughts and comments would be great help to me right now….

Sighed very frustrated…

Keep in mind to maintain sync you not only need GPS but you need to match control slots, distance AND downlink %.

Are the customers that are having trouble near his AP, facing it or randomly located?

You might be able to jumble around your frequency coordination if for instance the sector facing AWAY from your competitor is the one with customers experiencing issues. You will still need to coordinate sync parameters with him though.

You did not mention DL%. That needs to be the same as well.

As mentioned, you can try shifting the freq’s around so that the shared freq (915) are on adjacent AP’s.

Jerry Richardson wrote:

As mentioned, you can try shifting the freq's around so that the shared freq (915) are on adjacent AP's.

thats a problem when running 120 panels in a 360 config. There is no "back to back" separation to be able to use a freq. twice without interference problems

Jerry,

I have asked him to take the 360 Omni down ad replace with a sector antenna. Not sure if this will hlep but at least he won’t be broacasting back to my tower. The tower he is on is 2 miles away from mine. We do have our settings at least set to the same. Not sure about the download % however. Most of people that are around his tower are the ones that are bing affected but some of the other one’s are on my AP facing away from him that is running the same Freg. Do you see any other way around this besides him turning the AP off?

Thanks

Im very new to 900, but you could try shifting your AP to 914 and tell the SMs to only listen on that channel

914 is not a non-overlapping channel so if it is interference it would not help.

VLAN1 wrote:
[quote="Jerry Richardson":3p7miaut]

As mentioned, you can try shifting the freq's around so that the shared freq (915) are on adjacent AP's.

thats a problem when running 120 panels in a 360 config. There is no "back to back" separation to be able to use a freq. twice without interference problems[/quote:3p7miaut]

It would honestly depend on where the omni sat from the cluster.

If one of your sectors faces do North and the other two Southeast and Southwest, you could have an omni do South that would be at the back of your North facing sector. No, it's not a perfect front to back but you get the idea!

I’m having the same problems with my tower and a competitor (grin).

Yes, I wish now I would have used 4 90’s instead of 3 120’s. Oh well.

Put your antenna facing his omni most directly on either 906 or 924, that way you have enough seperation between the two of you.

Its kind of working for me (they change their freq all the time for some reason).

Friday the 13th work day is almost over.

First make sure he has the same DL% That might make the difference right there.

If he uses a sector and it’s facing away from your tower, and you reuse the frequency on a sector facing away from his tower you should get enough separation.