900mhz and power lines

i’m looking for info on something i encountered today while doing an install just for shiggles i pointed the 13 db yaggi at my tower 7.29 miles away (los) i was standing on the ground holding the yaggi in front of my service van.got a -69 jitter of 2 all good right? i then go to the wall of the home mount the yaggi and swing it onto my ap -85 jitter of 5.thinking its just needing tweaking i tweaked to no avail.i’m 10 feet up on the wall still with los and can’t get it to work any better. it pointing over my service van(well above it) however thinking that maybe the metal in the van was causing an issue i moved it,same thing neg 85 jittter of 5.then i took the yaggi back down stood under the wall mount pointed it once again and got the neg 69 once again.the only thing between me and my tower was a lone power pole with live lines and a transformer once again i climbed the ladder and sure enough same crapy numbers.so i mounted the yaggi 3 feet up amd ended up with a neg 66 and jitter of 2 100 % link test do you guys think it was the power lines and transformer and has anyone ever encountered this

Yep. This happens all the time. It is widely known that even in other 900MHz bands, power lines and what not will cause disruptions.

It appears the issue is with 60Hz lines. High freq high tension lines don’t seem to be an issue.

Jerry Richardson wrote:
It appears the issue is with 60Hz lines. High freq high tension lines don't seem to be an issue.

I have actually seen it occur on both.

I would assume this issue would hold true to other frequency bands as well, e.g. 5.2, 5.4, and 5.8?

msmith wrote:
I would assume this issue would hold true to other frequency bands as well, e.g. 5.2, 5.4, and 5.8?

I've had trouble on 2.4 with them - dropped the SM down 4 feet and the issue went away.