900Mhz SM Antenna Recomendations

Guys,

I would appreciate your feedback on the make/models of 900Mhz Antenna’s you all are using for your SM’s. We have been using the Maxrad AN900 9db and the MTI 12bm antenna’s. Results have been ok with the AN900 and very good with the MTI.

I’m wanting to test other brands to see if there is something better.

Your feed back is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

We have a shelf full of different 900 antennas, including maxrad, superpass, pac wireless, etc. We provide service in areas that are filled with Pine and dense Oak. After trying out most antennas we have settled on Integrated SM’s for most shots under 4 miles, and connectorized with either 14dbi or 17dbi MTI Yagi’s for shots between 3 and 10 miles. By the time we get 10 miles away there is another huge hill in the way, so I do not know how far we could go.

Yes we do stock both Integrated and Connectorized, but its well worth it.

I agree with mattmann. We are also in the mountains with pine trees and used several different Yagi’s, but now we use integrated on all installs unless it’s super close to the AP then I will use a yagi to reduce the signal. I have numerous 20 miles out LOS 3Mbps dn 1.2Mbps up. You have to look at it from this perspective the AN900 has 3.5db less gain then an integrated. 3db gain will basically double you’re output. Thats why the MTI performes way better.

http://www.m2inc.com/main%20html/900starttemp.html

Those are the one's we've been using.

I think I'm going to check other brands though because I haven't shopped around and I'd like to see if there is a significant reception difference (better or worse).

the integrated is 12.5dB.

We tend to see performance improvement when switching from an integrated to a 13dB yagi. Of course for those special installs a 17dB yagi can make all the difference.

we have lots of pine trees no hills we have been using the 17db M2
but link capacitys were not stable we just try’d the pac wirelees 15db parabalic it gets the same signal and jitter as the M2 but link capacitys are always 100% up and down we are about to switch a lot of M2’s to the parabalic :?

Interesting. I’ll try it.

900mhzdude wrote:
we have lots of pine trees no hills we have been using the 17db M2
but link capacitys were not stable we just try'd the pac wirelees 15db parabalic it gets the same signal and jitter as the M2 but link capacitys are always 100% up and down we are about to switch a lot of M2's to the parabalic :?

This one?

http://www.wisp-router.com/wri/itemdesc ... NF&eq=&Tp=

I use the Pac Wireless grids in trees a lot where an integrated does not work. I have seen improvements of 10 db between the two. However I found that the grid has always performed the same as a 14 yagi on the ground. And has cases where a 17 performed a few points better at longer shots (10+ miles). So I have concluded that any place I could use a grid I could install a 14 yagi much easier. Hmm this makes me want to spend some time testing these situations again…

jwelch wrote:
[quote="900mhzdude":2vl34ch3]we have lots of pine trees no hills we have been using the 17db M2
but link capacitys were not stable we just try'd the pac wirelees 15db parabalic it gets the same signal and jitter as the M2 but link capacitys are always 100% up and down we are about to switch a lot of M2's to the parabalic :?

This one?

http://www.wisp-router.com/wri/itemdesc ... NF&eq=&Tp=[/quote:2vl34ch3]

yep

Super Stingers are HERE! i have installed 2 so far it is like sliping on a M2 with no ice problems going to order 6 more i will let you know how it go’s

Whats the difference in the 900 Stingers vs the Super Stingers?

We primary use the Stingers and we love em.

Super stingers offer more gain.

We’ve been using the Pacwireless parabolics as well with excellent results through trees. I opt for them over the M2 17s, especially as we don’t do shots over 10 miles anymore.

We use Terawaves 13db antennas and stingers for the rest of our 900 installs. I have 1 integrated unit and I doubt I will buy another. Was very unimpressed with its performance in our terrain.

Now this is a fantasic product!! Take a look

www.kpperformance.ca

wifiguy wrote:
Super stingers offer more gain.

I can't seem to get any information from their website. Do you have a datasheet on the 900MHz super stinger and possibly an antenna plot as well?
amd phreak wrote:
can't seem to get any information from their website. Do you have a datasheet on the 900MHz super stinger and possibly an antenna plot as well?

Here's a link to the pdf on it i uploaded:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=aee2 ... b9a8902bda