900MHZ SM

hi i have alot of problems using my 900 SM’s. I lose signal alot mostly at night and when it rains does anyone know any ways to help me?? for my net work i use mostly 5700 but some places just have to many trees so i need 900s to make it there

What does the spectrum analysis @ night look like? What’s the average jitter and link efficiency on the problem units? If it’s heavily-wooded, how high above the treetops are you getting the SM’s?

can i use spectrum analysis from a remote computer or do i have to use the computer that is pluged into the SM

remote is fine… you will need to do it both at the AP side and SM side,
when you do it at the AP side you will probably need to use a laptop as you need to switch off everything else.

How many SM do have looking at the AP and are the others experiencing any problem.

vj wrote:
remote is fine.... you will need to do it both at the AP side and SM side,
when you do it at the AP side you will probably need to use a laptop as you need to switch off everything else.

How many SM do have looking at the AP and are the others experiencing any problem.

I only have 1 with a problem the other 4 work very well

I thought you can’t both run and see the Spectrum Analyzer of an SM when you are remote? When you put the SM into SA mode, doesn’t it lose regitration with it’s AP? If so, your path to the SM was just lost. I thought I remembered reading something about how a SM will default back to regular mode from SA mode after a certain period of idleness.

Am I wrong?

you are absolutely correct… my mistake…

msmith is correct, you will need to be at the site directly plugged in.

we do remote spectrums but by converting the AP to an SM, but we have connection to some of our pops via other means then RF.