900MHz speeds

i’m wondering what speeds people are seeing with the 900 system. i did an Internet speed test and could only get download speeds at about 500KBps. i think i need to tweak the settings to optimize this speed, so i’m wondering what other people have seen and what settings they’re using.

thanks.

Downlink Data 75%
High Priority Uplink Percentage 20%
Total NumUAckSlots 6
UAcks Reserved High 3
NumDAckSlots 6
DAcks Reserved High 3
NumCtlSlots 6
NumCtlSlots Reserved High 3
Sustained Uplink Data Rate 10000 (kbps)
Uplink Burst Allocation 500000 (kbits)
Sustained Downlink Data Rate 10000 (kbps)
Downlink Burst Allocation 500000 (kbits)

A little over 3 miles, some foliage in the Fresnel Zone and I was getting over 1M down and about 700k up.

The path is:

900SM -->
900AP -->
Ethernet Hub (to be replaced with CMM) -->
5700 SM North Tower (as bridge slave to south tower) -->
5700 AP South Tower (as bridge Master to north tower) -->
CMM -->
5700BH (as Slave) -->
5700BH (as Master) -->
Cisco Switch -->
USG -->
Cisco Router -->
1.544 T1

I only wish that I could jump off the North tower back to the uplink facility but there is no way. So far it’s held up quite nicely.

Jerry Richardson
airCloud Communications

We’re pushing a half-mile with zero line of sight (yeah, absolutely none) very well.

DSL reports shows 1.1 mbs down, 340 kbs up. We’re very happy.

< Link test SNIP >
Downlink RATE: 1284096 bps
Uplink RATE: 346624 bps
Downlink Efficiency: 99 Percent
Max Downlink Index: 98
Actual Downlink Index: 97
Expected Frag Count: 5016
Actual Frag Count: 5123
Uplink Efficiency: 100 Percent
Expected Frag Count: 1354
Actual Frag Count: 1354
< !SNIP >

Infrastructure is as follows:
SM
AP
switch
router
loadbalanced Ts
backbone

what sort of speed test are you using?

straight throughput or internet speed? could you tell me more about your specific test?

smautone wrote:
could you tell me more about your specific test?

Sure, the snippit I cited is from the "Link Test" link under "Expanded Stats" in the SM. And the DSL Reports test I made reference to was the Java-based speed test from http://www.dslreports.com/tools

Hope that helps,

FYI - a good web site to use for speed tests is www.giganews.com. Click on “Performance Status” in the top horizontal pane, then “Test your connection speed”. Choose the “news.giganews.com” server (as it is always faster than the second choice) and you can watch your speed fluctuate up and down in real time. It’s a very nice speed test.

i’m getting speeds on my 900 test of about half what you guys are seeing. i’m wondering if i have the settings of the AP in a less than perfect arrangment. could someone who’s seeing those “T1 level” speeds show me the uplink/downlink packet settings they have on their APs???