Active Spectrum Analyser ?

Ubiquiti, Mimosa, and Epmp 3k all have active spectrum analysers that you can run without taking the link down. Any chance we will see an active spectrum analyser in the PMP platform going forward?

2 Likes

+1

+1

Also, run the spectrum sweep with 5mhz channel without rebooting.

99% sure this has been sitting in the ideas area forever, i really don't get how something like this hasn't been added since every other vendor has it as a standard on even cheap radios. I still hold out hope that the pmp450b2 or whatever its eventually called, and the pmp450m2 or whatever it's called will have an active scanning chip so we don't have to drop network to do a spectrum scan. 

Personally i really wish they really broke from the mold and put a compass/gyro on their circuit board to tell azimuth/downtilt remotely and really do something others haven't lol

1 Like

+1

What would be ideal is to have the APs spectrum analyze only during their configured upload frames… the time that they are listening to SMs… as that is what is meaningful. Analyzing during the download cycle and seeing noise from other APs that are synced and not interfering with our upload cycle is not helpful.

Such a feature would let us see if there were interferers due to longer downlink cycles than ours or they were unsynced.

1 Like

+100. Analyzing without interrupting customers… viewing the empty spaces… would be incredibly helpful, as would be analyzing only during the upload frames so we aren’t seeing our own APs on remote towers as “noise.”

1 Like