Aftermarket 5.7SM Reflector solutions?

Are there any aftermarket manufacturers of a stronger 5.7SM reflector? What is the db of the stock 27RD reflector?

Thanks for your help, everyone!

We have had great luck with beehive dishes and are also using the new ‘Stingers’ that they are manufacturing.

do you have a web site for those beehive dishes? :smiley:

You can find them and others on our website for 3rd party solutions:

http://motorola.canopywireless.com/get/solutions.php

The stock Canopy dish (27RD) gives me 18db, whereas the Stinger/Beehive solution only provides 10db.

I am looking for a solution that provides more than 18db of the stock Canopy dish. Anyone ever heard of such an animal?

Thanks!

Try PAc Wireless : www.pacwireless.com
or Equinox : www.equinoxrf.com

Gino

Just ordered 2 of the 29dBi PacWireless from Streakwave. Installing it early next week. I’ll let you know how they perform.

Does anyone know why motorola does not promote those other higher gain reflecors in their 3rd party solutions list? is it a marketing thing? or is there something they don’t like/recommend about them? I see that Wireless Beehive remarks their reflectors are “fully legal”. What about this other ones, like the 29 db from pacwireless. Are those legal?

Jerry Richardson wrote:
Just ordered 2 of the 29dBi PacWireless from Streakwave. Installing it early next week. I'll let you know how they perform.

Are you going to connect 5.7Ghz Backhual with external antenna using coax/pigtail?

or you are just going to use it as reflector?

Reflector on a BH20. There is no reason to use a pigtailed unit. It’s just another point of failure (connector).

Jerry Richardson wrote:
Just ordered 2 of the 29dBi PacWireless from Streakwave. Installing it early next week. I'll let you know how they perform.

Just took a look at that... could be a possibility!

Let me know how things worked out... thanks!