Am I asking for too much...

our dispatch team never sieze to amaze me with their lack of common sense…

5 work orders, but they will take 2 dapaters and 8 SM’s
forgot the drill
forgot the laptop
no jacks
leave equipment at customer sight

One guy over the last 4 weeks has called me from about 8 installations, saying he is next to a tower but no signal, and 8 times I say go to configuration, switch from H/W to S/W and then try. I would expect on the second/third go for someone to try that before calling out…

I want to pay them on performance rather then flat rate, but due to rain, realingments, NLOS, etc… it is hard to measure performance… any of you guys have similar problems ?

What are you paying them?

We pay by the install. If the tech forgets something, too bad. Same price if it takes 2 hours or they are out there all day. They will get better at it if their carelessness costs them money.

we pay them a fixed salary.

We provide all tools and cars, fuel, etc…

How do you deal with realignments, revisits, rain…

we have 2 sets of 8 installers, 4 teams of 2 working 4 days on 4 days off shift…

we use them for pop work too…

You have alot of installers. To me that’s a management nightmare.

We contract out our installs at 100 per. They cover all costs including insurance, gas, vehicles, tools, go-backs, etc. If it requires a re-alignment due to poor workmanship - they warranty it.

We do the service calls and maintainence in house (almost none). I am fortunate in that the installation contractor knows Canopy so if I need tower work done, or whatever he can do it if I can’t.

Assuming that you cannot find a good DirecTV installer, a low voltage contractor might be contracted to so the installs.

you are right… it is a management night mare… we tried contracting that was worse… we have a back log and don’t know what to do… a couple of days of rain kills our scheduling…

The Guys don’t do installs in the rain?..What are they Sugar?

lol… safety reasons… all our installs (95%) are on top of roofs, we use ladders to get on top… all roofs are inclined corrugated iron…

can’t work on them if they are wet…

yes i had the same problem too they seem to forget everything but i have a small company thus far so i fixed the problem by putting everything in the bucket truck i mean everything.

and yes it su*** when they forget stuff and have to go back in the bucket truck with a 454 about 5 to 6 miles per gallon.

i actually do alot of them myself or my partner anymore my last installer just had no since of direction.

we leave the cars loaded… but they still forget to replenish stock…

i’ve even fired 4 guys in one week, hoping it would send a message but still no results…

we had a meeting today… they asked for a payrise, christmas bonus and overtime pay…