Any idea practically how much throughput can be provided by epmp1000 ptp link?

Practical throughput

On our force 110 PTP's I can consistently push 60mb of real throughput.

Running at 20mhz, at a distance of about 4.5 miles.

My furthest at about 14 miles I can push about 45mb.

1 Like

Running a link in ePTP mode 40MHz wide, but currently only have 100M ethernet at one end.  5220MHz, 6.7 miles, RSSI mid-50s up and down, SNR mid-30s up and down, MCS15 up and down.

Router at each end of the link, I can test a simultaneous 95-97Mbps up and down between the routers.

j

2 Likes

Sorry, wanted to clarify: The 95Mbps up/down tests are UDP two-way simultaneous.  If I use TCP the results are 65-70Mbps up and down simultaneous, if I limit uplink (within the speedtest) to 20Mbps then downlink can make it to about 80-85Mbps, TCP.

BTW, all of these tests are on a live tower, customer traffic is currently running 18-20Mbps download on that link.

j

1 Like

the cambium link planner will tell you expected through put in real work situations, we've pushed 130 mbps using speedtest.net  in 75/25 to end points in a live network.    BUT you'll need perfect conditions to get up there.  that particular link is only 2 miles and no real noise locked at -50 

in your performance tab, keep an eye on your retransmits and your discards as these take away from your through put obviously.   if your not dealing with a lot of noise and seeing packets getting dropped and you've got gig ports on both devices, you can see as much as 150 mbps actual through put (176 is the calculated max in perfect conditions for 75/25 split) and the calculated max performance one way in EPMP is 155. 

the link planner is free and will help you select the right product to do what you want.   if its a new buildout, it will take the guess work out of your planning process.  if you are replacing a differently existing product, use its spectrum analyser and fill out the noise information in the link planner and you'll see an expected number.

2 Likes