AP EPMP TRY TO GET UNLOCK ??

Hello we loss management today in one og ours AP, when you try SSH and reboot or show config the output is Try to get unlock...and failed. Any suggestion? Clearly the AP is very remote and is very difficult to us go there and hard reboot. 

Could you try to reboot via SNMP? See if that works?

Btw, what version of SW are you running and is the GPS sync unit?

Sakid

how i can reboot the device via SNMP? we had 45 AP running in my network i cant recall exactly the version that AP is running

Hello Ramon,

Do you still have an issue with this AP? Is it possible for you to provide remote access to it? You can send me PM with the info, if you can.

Thanks,

Luis

after you ssh this ap, do you observe this ap ping latency when it had been reboot?

@Aero_Ramon wrote:

how i can reboot the device via SNMP? we had 45 AP running in my network i cant recall exactly the version that AP is running

Ramon,

Do you use a network management tool such as PRTG or any MIB manager? If not, you could download CNS from our website which is free. Once you have CNS you can use it to discover your AP via SNMP and issue a reboot command. If you are using a 3rd party tool, you should load the MIB which you can download from our support site and then use the below OID to issue reboot command -

cambiumpmp80211DeviceReboot  OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX     Integer32 (1)

MAX-ACCESS read-write

STATUS     current

DESCRIPTION 

"OID for Device Reboot, send reboot command to device

Device Allocation: AP, SM"

::= { cambiumpmp80211SystemActions 1 }

I am hoping that SNMP engine is still running on your system.

Thanks im looking for the reboot option in the CNS Server but not found yet. We reboot the Access Point i revoer the management. The firmware versin is  2.3.4

@Aero_Ramon wrote:

Thanks im looking for the reboot option in the CNS Server but not found yet. We reboot the Access Point i revoer the management. The firmware versin is  2.3.4

Ramon,
My mistake, CNS does not have the reboot functionality but release 1.3 will have it. Its coming in a few weeks.

Please check on our website.

Sakid

Hello Ramon,

I think what you need is something like iReasoning MIB Browser or some other tool that will allow you to send SNMP requests to the device. You will need to load up the ePMP MIB into the tool (which you will find in the same location as the firmware in the support site https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/archive), and configure the specifics for the device to be managed (device IP address, SNMP community strings and SNMP version). Once this is done, look for the device reboot MIB parameter and set it to 1.

For remote reboot via SNMP, if you have the basic net-snmp console tools (readily available in any linux distro, also available for Windows systems) you can just use 'snmpset'.

snmpset -v2c -cPrivateCommunity ip.ad.dr.es .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.4.1.0 i 1

Obviously replace 'PrivateCommunity' with the configured RW SNMP community string, and ip.ad.dr.es with the IP of the radio.

You can also use "cambiumpmp80211DeviceReboot.0" instead of ".1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.4.1.0" provided you have the MIB files installed correctly where snmpset can find them.T

j