AP keeps losing all registered sm's...then they come back

AP keeps losing all registered sm’s for a few hours…then they all come back…tried powering down ap…factory default…all connectors are good…any ideas? just a bad ap?

do they just go idle? does the signal level drop too? have you tried changing channels? a little more description would be very helpful

When was the AP/Tower deployed and when did the issue start?
What freq?
Canopy software version(s)?
What’s the noise floor like?
Any other towers nearby?
Cluster or omni?

Need more info…

When was the AP/Tower deployed and when did the issue start? deployed 2 years ago…it has only happened 2 times…about 2 weeks ago…then today…for about 3 hours last time…this time it is still down. i went to the tower did a hard reboot…nothing…verified all configuration…looked good…did a factory restore and redid the all configuration…still nothing

What freq? 915

Canopy software version(s)? 8.2.2…i think

What’s the noise floor like? looks really good…no noise at all

Any other towers nearby? none

Cluster or omni? cluster

do they just go idle? no, the AP does not see any SM at all

does the signal level drop too? see above

have you tried changing channels? channels? not sure what you mean by that

the_NAT wrote:

if you dont know how to change channels , you may want to learn a little bit more about RF in general so your not blindly operating your equipment

is it an APF or connectorized?

if connectorized try redoing the antenna connectors and or replacing the antenna
VLAN1 wrote:
[quote="the_NAT":24x1dr6e]

if you dont know how to change channels , you may want to learn a little bit more about RF in general so your not blindly operating your equipment

is it an APF or connectorized?

if connectorized try redoing the antenna connectors and or replacing the antenna[/quote:24x1dr6e]

please, enlightened me a little

Have you done a spectrum analysis to see if there is new interference?

nucoles wrote:
Have you done a spectrum analysis to see if there is new interference?

yes it looks great. no noise.

SYNC ----- THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR RELIABILITY ON CANOPY!!!

If you are using pretty much any device that replicates the Sync from it’s source (from sync port)… chances are that it’s your problem… If it’s the only AP around on 900… set it to generate (the at least you will have something stable)

Note that a lot of other sync devices will try to continue the sync pulse if it losses GPS (moto CMM doesn’t)… This becomes way off the actual GPS pulse within a minute (don’t believe what some of those other companies claim about it staying accurate for longer) ----- Hook it up to a Scope and you will see what I mean. Once the pulse shifts too far, all SM’s get disconnected (often show a re-range on the AP event log) the reconnect with the new pulse timing.