AP or SM switching positions seems to be impossible

Hi,

I'm having some trouble in trying to switch an AP with an SM. I do this to see if the Auto channel works better to 1 site or the orther of the link. I have faced that once I switch an SM to an AP (vice versa, earlier to the other side of the link) the AP side has a frequency problem as shown in the picture attached. that makes it It makes it impossible to relink to the SM.

This obliagtes me to do this kind of operation only when I have Lan connection to the AP otherwise I loose the link to equipment.

Is there any way to avoid this? if not I suggest this to be very useful for remote control and tuning/debug in an envireonment/new site/link.

Many thanks,

Sok

I have the same problem when the radio is using specific CC. When using OT (Other), no problem to set the Channel Freq.

@OC wrote:

Hi,

I'm having some trouble in trying to switch an AP with an SM. I do this to see if the Auto channel works better to 1 site or the orther of the link. I have faced that once I switch an SM to an AP (vice versa, earlier to the other side of the link) the AP side has a frequency problem as shown in the picture attached. that makes it It makes it impossible to relink to the SM.

This obliagtes me to do this kind of operation only when I have Lan connection to the AP otherwise I loose the link to equipment.

Is there any way to avoid this? if not I suggest this to be very useful for remote control and tuning/debug in an envireonment/new site/link.

Many thanks,

Sok

What SW version are you running? Please note that ACS is supported only in the AP mode of operation. So, if I understand correctly, you have a remote site that is a SM, for some reason you switch to an AP, run ACS and then switch back to a SM. When it is back to SM, it does not have the frequency setting - did I understand this correctly?

Willi,

I might need a little help understanding this issue. Could you please send me an email on exactly what you are seeing?

I believe you already have my email address.

Sakid

Hi.

I'm using last firmwsare version v2.4.2. ACS (sutomatic channel selection is not selectable due to ePTP mode in this PTP link).

My issue happen when I "switch" the 2 radios from their actual position

radio 1-AP

radio 2-SM

I switch them remotely to

radio 1-SM

radio 2-AP

then AP in ePTP has "not set the frequecy range/channel" causing the down link issue. This is not a Problem when I have LAN access to AP but if not this is a problem for me, maybe for us..

Regards,

Sok

@OC wrote:

Hi.

I'm using last firmwsare version v2.4.2. ACS (sutomatic channel selection is not selectable due to ePTP mode in this PTP link).

My issue happen when I "switch" the 2 radios from their actual position

radio 1-AP

radio 2-SM

I switch them remotely to

radio 1-SM

radio 2-AP

then AP in ePTP has "not set the frequecy range/channel" causing the down link issue. This is not a Problem when I have LAN access to AP but if not this is a problem for me, maybe for us..

Regards,

Sok

If you are simply keeping the same frequency but changing the ePTP master/slave on the two sides you should not see an issue. Let us try to reproduce this and see if it is a problem.

Sakid