AP Rebooting!

We’ve had our PMP320 cluster up for a little over a month now and I just noticed that one of the APs is rebooting on it’s own.

Is there anything I can look at to see what is causing this?

I hope it’s something as simple as replacing the cable as that would be cheapest but if I have to replace the AP I’d rather do that instead of doing the cable first and determining later it’s the AP and having to pay 2 tower climbs.

Setup a syslog server, hopefully you’ll be able to gather some info from the AP. If it is just randomly losing power, then it could be the cabling. Also check out this field alert http://motorola.wirelessbroadbandsupport.com/support/community/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7383&sid=b5a9fe4873375af854243f16af4f51e4. If you leave an open ended cable attached the the AUX/Timing port you may experience this behavior. I know some of our customers that use to hang a cable from this port with the FSK series just in case they needed to factory default the radio and avoid a tower climb.

Thanks, we don’t have an open-ended cable so it shouldn’t be that.

I’ve since contacted Motorola tech support and they’ve had me downgrade to firmware version 2.0.1.
So far it doesn’t appear to have rebooted but we’ll see how it looks in the long run.

Do you have the other APs running at e2.1? Have you tried setting the AP back to factory default configuration?

Yes the other APs are running e2.1 and they are not rebooting.

I have not tried resetting back to factory default yet as it is an active AP with about 22 CPEs connected to it.