APs losing Configuration>Radio settings

Over the last few months, and more frequently here recently, we have been seeing a problem with APs' losing the settings in Configuration>Radio all other settings appear to be fine. Example, I just got a call from a customer that is the only person on a new AP. I go and look at the AP and the Country Code isn't set.. it was set , it was working until about an hour ago. I set the country code back to United States and everything is working again.

Yesterday I had a customer call and report his internet wasn't working. I logged into the AP (different site than the above AP), everything looked fine, the customer radio was connected so I logged into the customer radio, everything looked like the customer should have Internet. Having had the customer reboot everything else we have him power cycle the radio. The radio never comes back online... we assume it's another one that has reverted to v1.something firmware and schedule a truck roll. Meanwhile I decide to try rebooting the AP. It reboots and no customers are connecting. We wait, still nothing. Wait some more, still nothing. I happen to notice the AP is on a 40Mhz channel and using 5.3Ghz . We don't' use 40Mhz or 5.3Ghz . I go to Configuration>Radio settings and it is set to 40Mhz and automatic channel selection.

So we set the radio back to 20Mhz , 5.1Ghz and everyone, including the customer that called is working again. Last week we had another AP do the same thing, suddenly stopped working and we I logged in it didn't have a country code set.

Could this be part of the "Cold Weather Problem" ? All of our AP's are running 2.4.3 except the two we have had to try the 2.6.1RC1 on. We have only been upgrading radios to 2.6.1 RC1 if they showed signs of the cold weather problem. Since 2.5 and every update after it has seemed to create more problems then they fix we have been hesitant to roll 2.6.1 out to anything we didn't have to.

@brubble1 wrote:

Over the last few months, and more frequently here recently, we have been seeing a problem with APs' losing the settings in Configuration>Radio all other settings appear to be fine. Example, I just got a call from a customer that is the only person on a new AP. I go and look at the AP and the Country Code isn't set.. it was set , it was working until about an hour ago. I set the country code back to United States and everything is working again.

Yesterday I had a customer call and report his internet wasn't working. I logged into the AP (different site than the above AP), everything looked fine, the customer radio was connected so I logged into the customer radio, everything looked like the customer should have Internet. Having had the customer reboot everything else we have him power cycle the radio. The radio never comes back online... we assume it's another one that has reverted to v1.something firmware and schedule a truck roll. Meanwhile I decide to try rebooting the AP. It reboots and no customers are connecting. We wait, still nothing. Wait some more, still nothing. I happen to notice the AP is on a 40Mhz channel and using 5.3Ghz . We don't' use 40Mhz or 5.3Ghz . I go to Configuration>Radio settings and it is set to 40Mhz and automatic channel selection.

So we set the radio back to 20Mhz , 5.1Ghz and everyone, including the customer that called is working again. Last week we had another AP do the same thing, suddenly stopped working and we I logged in it didn't have a country code set.

Could this be part of the "Cold Weather Problem" ? All of our AP's are running 2.4.3 except the two we have had to try the 2.6.1RC1 on. We have only been upgrading radios to 2.6.1 RC1 if they showed signs of the cold weather problem. Since 2.5 and every update after it has seemed to create more problems then they fix we have been hesitant to roll 2.6.1 out to anything we didn't have to.

Hi Brubble1, 

One of the side effects of the DDR timing cold weather issue is the radio losing its config. They go back to default config and ACS is on by default, therefore your AP chosing a different frequency after running ACS.  I suspect this is your problem unless you are already running the 2.6.1 private load on these radios. Are these radios running 2.4.3 or the 2.6.1 private load? If they are running 2.4.3 I recommend to upgrade to 2.6.1 private load. 

In the meantime, the team here continue to work towards getting an official 2.6.1 beta load this week. 

Thanks,

Sriram