Are ePMP GPS issues resolved?

OK - well, as I told you in private message already Zica, you’re doomed to no solution then.
Cambium is trying to help and has asked you multiple times for:

1. Your AP Support Files
  2. Your Support Ticket #

You are refusing everyone’s help, and instead are choosing NOT to provide anyone with the technical info they need. So, good luck with that working out for you.

2 Likes

I ask the administrator to delete the post before one of the cambium engineers finally publishes it
When and with which version of the firmware the internal and when the external antenna works,
Why is there no internal or external antenna option in the settings?
And of course still no one has ever answered my question whether they know how to solve GPS outages or they don’t want to solve them!
Regards

Just to let you know that a few minutes ago I dropped GPS sync on two AP 2000s
Clearly sunny. Before it turned out, the signals from the satellite were brutal.
The other 5 on the tower left to work ok.
there is no LTE even at 10km.
Gentlemen in Cambium, you passionately predicted that GPS sync is not working as it should.

Hi Zica,

I would still ask you for the Tech Support file from these 2 APs.
It will not take more than 1 minute of your time to collect it and drop it to me.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Fedor
Why is that?
You did it three years ago, then two years ago without results.
I no longer have the nerve or time for that, but I have the time and desire to be loud on the forum.
You still haven’t answered me if you know how to solve it or if you want to solve it.
It’s not just me who has the problem, everyone has it
except for those who do not use GPS sync so solve the problem globally.
Check that firmware once and pay attention to the signal margin. Even a blind person would see that, what is the problem with you.
Regards

Zica,

I don’t think I personally did it 2 or 3 years ago.
And you are not providing me the support ticket number where I could check technical aspects of the issue.

Thank you.

Hey all, if you are having issues with the ePMP2000 radios please try running the latest firmware and the new pucks issued for the ePMP3000 series (the round ones).

So far we have had great success by doing this. I am working with Cambium to resolve this issue and it is something we have been testing for a few weeks now with success. To me it is still early in testing but so far every ePMP2000 we have put 4.6 firmware combined with these GPS pucks has resolved the loss issue…

If more people can confirm this we may get broader results and more confirmation… If you have a AP that is constantly doing this I encourage you to try it and monitor the outcome and report back to Cambium

3 Likes

Blocking posts because I’m too loud is not the solution.

This site exists for constructive discussion, for people who are willing to help work towards a solution. Your posts are not constructive, and you have said multiple times that you aren’t prepared to help find a solution.

You say that these problems were reported while you were in another company. Tell us (privately if you like) the name of that company, so that we can look up the ticket details.

It is constructive and how!
I’m not the only one who has complained and still complains about GPS, this can be seen from many posts from various topics that touch on GPS in one way or another.
It would be more constructive for Cambium to realize that there is a problem. That problem is not solved by reducing me or someone else to exchanging emails or phone conversations. That recipe failed.
You have to understand me why I am frustrated.

Cambium is very happy to admit when there are problems, for example:

It wouldn’t do us any good to sweep problems under the rug; if customers lose trust in us, we lose those customers. It’s in our benefit to be transparent. There is no conspiracy to hide anything.

But in a complex system, there can be any number of different problems which all appear to have the same user-visible effect. For example, in the post above, the underlying problem had nothing to do with GPS at all, but with a separate component in the radio that shared a bus with the GPS. So saying “GPS does not work” is absolutely not helpful.

When customers report a problem, ideally we would replicate that in our lab so that we can be sure we understand it. That replication often requires the unit diagnostics so that we can be sure we have the same configuration. Sometimes we can’t replicate it, in which case the diagnostics are the only way we can try to understand it. Without diagnostics, there is very little we can do.

1 Like