Are you using 900MHz 60 degree sectors?

I’m fighting a growth issue here, which is a good thing but I have 3 120 degree antennas 900 MHz Horizontal. I’m thinkning of replacing them with 6 60 degree antennas horizontal and set up my freqs like the manual shows.

Anyone else doing this and how does it work for you? Any problem with back bleed issues from the opposite facing antenna on teh same freq?

I really don’t want to put vertical stuff up there if I can help it.

This is how we do all our 900 towers (20+). As long as you follow the manual exactly, have GPS sync, and make sure you set your downlink %, mileage, and controls slots so they are all in sync per the frame calculator then you shouldn’t have any problems at all.

May I ask what antennas you use? Til Tek is the only ones I’ve found with 60 degrees horizontal polarity and I’m not familiar with their products.

The integrated AP’s are 60 degrees.

My experience with the integrated SMs has been so-so. I wasn’t really comfortable going with the integrated APs. How do they compare in range/coverage with a 12dB to 14dB sector antenna of good quality?

we use the moto 60 degree antennas also, they work good for us, we when started we used some mamoth 17db verical panels i hated everything about them the cross interfeared badly, hard to work with, lots of signal problems with the SMs, the tight 5 degree vertical spread was a pain in the &^% too

once we made the switch to the stock moto gear it was smooooth sailing, also gotta keep in mind FCC rules 26+12 is too much 36 is the limit (we used to be over it, but quited down so we don’t get into trouble) we leave our APs at 26 now because thier is enough loss with the stock moto setup to back you down to 36db

the moto panels are easy to setup, maintain and configured right, no self interfence and less head ach, we do see some extra signal fade at the azmoth seperations in our network, but not bad
we have 15 sites with 6 60 panels, no real problems to speak of.