Assignment help.

I’m after some help for a Uni assignment. Anything will be appreciated.
Long story short is I have 3 buildings:
District Office
|
10Km
|
Admin Office
|
15Km
|
Regional Office

Line of sight is assumed, so no need for any masts.
I want to go PTP from the D.O to the A.O then PTP again from the A.O to the R.O.
Each site will be “self contained” with one internet connection for all sites at the D.O.

Sorry for being so vague but I wasn’t given a huge amount of details myself. No real budget, but nothing along the lines of “launch a satellite and 80 foot radio receiver at each site” sort of thing. Does not have to have 100% details, a sort of “near enough is good enough” approach will do.

edit:
Having a look around the Motorola products and doing some reading would something like the PTP 800 with appropriate antenna (like 5-6 foot diameter) plus mounts suffice?

It depends on what kind of bandwidth you are looking for. PTP800 might be overkill unless you’re looking to use the licensed spectrum.

Do you know what the spectrum looks like up there? Are there any other radios up there and if so what frequencies are they operating on?

pcpolo wrote:
It depends on what kind of bandwidth you are looking for. PTP800 might be overkill unless you're looking to use the licensed spectrum.

Current bandwidth usage is "fairly low" (vague I know but it's all I've been given) but there needs to be room for sufficient growth over the next 7-10 years. The plan would be to go licensed spectrum but for the assignment I don't have to worry about that.

pcpolo wrote:
Do you know what the spectrum looks like up there? Are there any other radios up there and if so what frequencies are they operating on?

Couldn't tell you what the spectrum is and we can make the assumption that there are no other frequencies.

Thanks for the help.

If you want a lot of growth and are planning on using licensed then I would guess PTP800 is the way to go, unfortunately that’s the only Motorola PTP line that I haven’t had any experience with yet.

Motorola make it a bit easier for you. Download their link planner, its fairly easy to use the basics.
http://motorola.wirelessbroadbandsuppor … tware/ptp/
Use Google maps to save a kmz location for each of your sites.
Import those into the linkplanner and create 2 links. Then “request path profile” and it will fill in the estimated heights alone the path.

Then play with the settings. Once you get a link that gives a data rate your happy with save. Then use the 2 report options under the file menu to export the data into PDF.

List of parts is even produced in the current version of linkplanner.
Assignment almost done…