Authentication Key on PMP450 backup file

I don’t know if I’m doing wrong, but it seems Authentication Key value is not saved in the backup file. So, if I upload the file to a new SM, I have to manually set the password. Am I right?

This issue is fixed is latest 14.1.2 beta firmware. Password will be exported but they will encrypted and yes when you apply to some other radio it work correctly.

1 Like

Thanks for the fix, was fighting this issue.

Another thing that always bugged me.  The preshared key is hidden, you cannot see it.  It would be nice if it at least showed * for each character that way I could tell it was likely set correctly.  Also, the preshared key has always been hidden from view but the  SNMP read/write string is plainly visible.  Just seems strange.

>The preshared key is hidden, you cannot see it.  It would be nice if it at least showed * for each character that way I >could tell it was likely set correctly. 

Please check this , basically on UI it is displayed  right next to the text box instead of * http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/Your-Ideas/Canopy-change-boolean-flag-e-g-grayed-out-checkbox-for-PSK/idc-p/49075#M624

>Also, the preshared key has always been hidden from view but the  SNMP read/write string is plainly visible.  Just >seems strange.

What OID are you using? Its authkeyAp (.1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19.3.1.1.32.0) from WhispApsConfig and it return blank.

You can't view it.

It does not appear fixed in 14.1.2 (Build 8) on 3.6 450 SM's.  Backup does not restore Authentication Key.

Does not appear too work on 5.x 450 SM's either.  Having to go back through 20 SM's and reprogramming now.

@hci wrote:

Does not appear too work on 5.x 450 SM's either.  Having to go back through 20 SM's and reprogramming now.

Hi,

Yes, we are aware that the key cannot be imported. We will be fixing it in the next build. Sorry for the trouble caused and thank you for the prompt feedback on 14.1.2-b8. 

Thanks,

Sriram