Backhaul distances?

How far has everyone gotten with the different frequencies of BHs?

i’ve gotten 26.54 miles with cyclone backhauls (2 ft and 3ft dish) with -68dbm ->-70dbm for signal. Syncing can take a minute or two. I hate the fact they have to register once every 24 hours but they give me 99.99% So its a workable situation. I plan on switching to Orthogon Gemini lite so so i can get a bit more bandwidth and a couple extra 9’s.

I have a 98.7 Kilometer link. Using Tsunami and Andrew 3ft antennas. working on a 130 Kilometer Link by the end of the week.

Getting about 5.5 Megabits.
Uptime is greater than 99.995

This is using 5.7 - 5.8GHz

bellnab wrote:
I hate the fact they have to register once every 24 hours but they give me 99.99% So its a workable situation.

On the slave make sure you only have the frequency for the BHM selected. If you have all the frequencies selected then the registration time increases. The short outage every 24 hours is needed for the key exchange.

Are you saying if the master is at 5800 you only check the 5800 on the slave as well?

that is correct.

Note: if you need to change frequencies, change the radio on the far side of the link first or it will be stranded :frowning:

Jerry, do you do this as well with SM’s? Just select 1, 2, or 3 different freq?

20mb bh 2.4 37.44 miles
20mb bh 5.7 38.53 miles
60mb 79.5 miles

We leave SM’s to scan all frequencies.

If we get interference and have to move to another freq we would not want to have to go to each SM and change the scan freq and reboot.

With BH’s you only need to lock the freq if it takes a long time to register. Our BH link is only 11 miles so it registers pretty quickly.