Backhauls, 30/60

Hello,

i want to use BH30/60 but have little experince on them, can anybody help answer the below questions. thanks.

1. can i put 5.7 BH in a 2 full cluster of 5.7 AP ( total of 12 AP )

2. How many BH can i shoot from one tower before they start to interfere.

3. How do they sync. with each other ?

4. how far has anybody reached with intergrated antennas !

1. can i put 5.7 BH in a 2 full cluster of 5.7 AP ( total of 12 AP )

No. You will not have enough RF space to have 12 AP's and a BH. It's pretty difficult to get just 1 BH to work with a single cluster

2. How many BH can i shoot from one tower before they start to interfere.

3. How do they sync. with each other ?

They don't sync with the AP's.

Hi Jerry

thanks for the reply.

How many BH link can i fuire from one single clean tower ? lets suppose the tower does not have even a single radio.

Do they require syncy with each other ?

abdock wrote:
Hi Jerry
Do they require syncy with each other ?

You need a CMM to sync your BH links.
Never mind, I was thinking 10/20 BHs.

If you are using the 30/60 there is no “Sync”.
You just make sure you keep enough freq seperation and vertical seperation and your good.

Can you clarify the question?

Jerry,

You can’t have more than 1 BH on the same tower?

Depends.

Let’s assume that you have the whole 5.7 band to work with and the noise floor is low and will stay that way.

5725 - 5850

AP’s
6 non overlapping channels
20MHz wide channels

5700BH’s
6 Non Overlapping channels
20MHz wide channels

30M BH’s
12MHz wide

If you put 6 AP’s up, each on their own channel you will use all the available channels leaving no room for a BH

If you reuse channels on the AP’s, you can get 6 AP’s on 3 channels, then you can technically get the 6 AP’s and 2 BH’s on the same tower. You would put 1 BH on channel 1, the AP’s on 2, 3, 4, and the other BH on 6.

We have 3 AP’s and 2 BH’s on the same tower and it works fine.

However, if you lose any of the spectrum due to interference, you are going to be in trouble as there will be no other open channels to move to. (This is the kind of stuff that keeps me awake at night.)

We blew it on the last purchase when we bought 2 more 5700BH20’s. Knowing what I know now, I would have used BH’s in a different band and not tried to squeeze so much into the 5700 space. It’s working for now

knock on wood

Oh, I see. Thank you Jerry :slight_smile:

um…what if you have only 6 BHs on the same tower? :roll: Can you have a cluster of BHs?

I’m running 5 (5.7 on DFS)HSBHs(60mbps) and 4 APs (5.2 at 15MHz separation) on a 60 foot tower…Looks pretty amusing…

At one point I had a 10/20 BH (5.7 w/parabolic) on the very top for an area about 15 miles away, but we finally got a VSAT out to that location. Luckily we are the only ones in the spectrum, or it would be a nightmare. Never tried a 5.7 AP cluster and 5.7 BHs together though (usually use the 5.7s for relays). Motorola seems to think that’s scary voodoo unless you have over 100 ft of vertical separation or some type of shielding…would be interesting to test…