BAM

Is there a place where the person who sets up the BAM in the computer must physically be? An office computer? Remote access from the web? Does the BAM info ever have to be re-entered.

Is there BAM training offered? Where and when?

Thanks,
Susie

From my experience (which includes many many hours with tech support) The BAM server is required to be on the same subnet as the AP’s.

You should never have to reload the data into the BAM server as long as the server its running on never crashes or experiences data loss. Backups should be performed regularly.

Matt

For clarification, BAM does NOT need to be on the same subnet as the AP’s.

Canopy_Support wrote:
For clarification, BAM does NOT need to be on the same subnet as the AP's.

And my other questions?
Susie wrote:
Is there a place where the person who sets up the BAM in the computer must physically be? An office computer? Remote access from the web?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say is there a place where the person must be. As long as you can get to the server, remotly or physically, you can access BAM.

Susie wrote:
Does the BAM info ever have to be re-entered.

Does it need to be re-entered when the server crashes and the data is lost? Yes, it would need to be re-entered if you didnt backup the database.

Susie wrote:
Is there BAM training offered? Where and when?

Currently no classes are offered for BAM. If there is a large enough group that is interested in BAM training then I will bring it up as a request.

The confusion about the BAM needing to be on the same subnet as the AP’s seem’s to come from a misunderstanding about how and what routing does as well as MASQ and other network strategies. Just because you should put your AP’s on non routable IP’s doesn’t mean that you can get those AP’s to communicate with a BAM on another network.

We have several systems that are on different physical network segments. In the past we have used MASQ to forward requests to BAM from the AP through the router. Very simple.

Currently, we use GRE tunnels, some call this IPIP tunnels, to make the private AP, BH, and SM network appear as it is on the same private network when they are only connected via internet tunnels. If you don’t understand all of this your network provider can help you set it all up.