Band pass filters

Does anyone have any experience using band pass filters w/ 900 mhz Canopy gear? Specifically, how much do they help in your environment and does anyone know of any other vendors other than:

https://www.lastmilegear.com/catalog/pr … cts_id=264

Thanks.

On which end are you refering to AP or SM?

natek wrote:
Does anyone have any experience using band pass filters w/ 900 mhz Canopy gear? Specifically, how much do they help in your environment and does anyone know of any other vendors other than:

https://www.lastmilegear.com/catalog/pr ... cts_id=264

Thanks.

I don't have any experience with a BPF AND Canopy but it's going to be
no different than any other RF device using a BPF. That BPF is only going
to block interference from outside sources, like SMR, paging, and cell
sites. You'll still have to deal with in-band interference and that BPF isn't
going to help with that.

Now, if they had a BPF that was 8MHz wide and was tunable for each of the
900MHz channels on the Canopy, then you'd be able to eliminate a lot of
interference.

Dan

I was referring to a band-pass filter on the AP side of things. I have space that I can put an AP up, but there is cell equipment ~10 feet away and I am unsure as to what band it uses at this point. Additionally, I was curious on how it would work in a “normal” situation.

Thanks.

motorola has a band pass filter upgrade in the tech specs under point to multi point it tells you what it passes and what it rejects. most cell stuff is in the 800 and 1600 range. make sure you use a horizontally polarized antenna. if you could mount 10ft under or over you would be better also.

Have you been able to perform a spectrum analysis at the site you are planning to install? If so what is your noise floor?

I have not done a spectrum analysis at the site as I am about to purchase the Canopy gear (I do not have it yet). From what it sounds like, my best bets are:

1. Use a horizontally polarized antenna - If I do this, I can still use a yagi on the subscriber side, I just need to make sure I turn it at a certain angle so it is horizontally oriented, right?

2. Use a bandpass filter…

Are there adjustable band-pass filters (a preselector?), so that I can filter out everything but the specific channel I’m transmitting on (instead of allowing everything through in the 900 mhz band)?