Bandwidth Configuration

I thought I’d have more of a response if I made this it’s own thread.

So let me see if I’ve got this straight:
In order to have different “tiers” of service (like johnh said is this thread: http://motorola.canopywireless.com/support/community/viewtopic.php?t=611 ), all I have to do is set the “Configuration Source” to “SM” in the AP, AND set the Sustained Uplink Data Rate, Sustained Downlink Data Rate, Uplink Burst Allocation, and Downlink Burst Allocation in each SM registered to that AP?

Is it really that simple for “tiers” or am I missing something?

And if these settings are done in the SM should I just leave the AP settings as the Default or set them to zero?

Will the downlink data % in the AP effect my “tiers”?

Lots of questions…any answers would be much appreciated :wink:

As we are currently doing things - We set the SM at the service the customer is purchasing. If they purchase 1.5Mb up and down then we set the SM to 1500 Up and 1500 Down with a burst to 6Mb. We set our downlink data % in our AP to 60% to give the customer more download ability. Its all in the numbers, you just have to play with them to get the results you and your customer are looking for.

all I have to do is set the "Configuration Source" to "SM" in the AP, AND set the Sustained Uplink Data Rate, Sustained Downlink Data Rate, Uplink Burst Allocation, and Downlink Burst Allocation in each SM registered to that AP?

Is it really that simple for "tiers" or am I missing something?

It's enough for "tiers".

And if these settings are done in the SM should I just leave the AP settings as the Default or set them to zero?

It doesn't matter.

Will the downlink data % in the AP effect my "tiers"?

Each SM can pass for a moment amount of data configured in Data Rate. But all SMs connected to one AP can't pass simultaneously more data the AP can pass itself, it's defined by your internet channel throughput and AP's Downlink Data %.