BH20 look great, unexplained wireless drops, blame police?

IMO the p10 backhauls are no where near the quality of the p9 backhauls. Im starting to use another provider for my backhauls.

I totally agree. I have had a pair of bh10s P8s running 5.2 right over town for 4 years straight. Never any problems. These BH20s have been nothing but trouble from day 1. I keep trying to figure it out, but I fear I will have to go with another BH provider as well.

A little inside information.

The P9’s and P10’s are identical, other than in the P10’s they had to remove the Lead to become RoHs compliant.

With whatever new compound they are using, the heat cannot be dissipated as efficiently as before than when the lesser environmentally friendly Lead was used, resulting in many premature failures.

We have been slowly as well moving away from the PTP 100 line of radios and going with the more robust 400 and 600 series, and in some cases switching to Dragonwave for our absolutely critical links.

My faith in Motorola support has diminished greatly since the 8.1.x version of firmware and us having horrible problems with our older P8’s, only to be told there were no issues…ha 8.2.4 has allowed us to put back into inventory more than 50 SM’s that we have had to sit on for months, was closer to twice that but we have been selling them online for ridiculous prices not knowing what else to do with them.

It was refreshing to finally see the release of this new version, unfortunately we had to lose several customers and thousands of dollars to move around it.

–SDH