BH20 Slave reboots every 65 seconds

I have a BH20 5.2 radio link that has been up for about a year. The slave unit is now rebooting every 1 minute 5 seconds.

In the Event log on the slave unit there is a line:

File C:/ISPPPC/psppc.250/bsps/devices/whisp/sockintf.c: Line 137 FatalError()

We have replaced the slave radio, power supply and ethernet cable. The same thing is happening with the new radio.

The master shows no errors at all. Spectrum check shows no interference at all.

The reboots occur precisely at 1:05 uptime

Any ideas on what may have started this? We havent’ swapped out the master end yet bu will probably do that since we don’t seem to have many other options.

You better ask support what that error means.

Have you tried upgrade/downgrade of the software?

erkan wrote:
You better ask support what that error means.

Have you tried upgrade/downgrade of the software?

That's my next step to contact support and see what their take is on it.

I just noticed that the replacement radio went out with 7.0.7 on it, we are running 7.3.6 on the master, and on the original Slave.

I'm hoping I can upgrade the remote over the network, but I doubt I'll be able to pull that off in under 60 seconds!

I thought about doing an downgrade/upgrade or whatever it takes to refresh the OS on the radio. I guess 8.2 is the new flavor of the year? :)

I solved this issue by swapping the MASTER / SLAVE relationship on the radios, nothing else. Just made the master the slave, and the slave the master.

This is the only BH20 located at this site. However I did have a Airaya 5.2/5.7 link at the master side of the link.

There was more than 25Mhz of separation from these two radios and interference wasn’t apparent on a spectrum check at either end of the link.

I can only surmise that some how the timing signal over the RF link was getting messed up. Oddly the Airaya link had been in operation for over 3 days without any incident.