bricked a epmp1000 can it be salvaged?

Lost connection during update of the firmware. Now I am unable to get a connection, even after doing a power cycle reset. Any advise? (Firmware 1.2.3 being upgraded to 2.3.4) 

Ted,

Where is the unit? I am assuming you have ethernet connectivity and cannot access the mgmt.

Could we ask you to try the following -

Ping it with the new default IP address of: 169.254.1.1 or 192.168.0.1

The default IP used to be 10.1.1.254 and that changed.

You could also try to default the unit using a remote power reset procedure which is documented in the user guide on page 61 -

Here is an excerpt

Resetting the ePMP to factory defaults by power cycling
Operators may reset an ePMP radio to default factory configuration by a sequence of power cycling (removing and re-applying power to the device). This procedure allows operators to perform a factory default reset without a tower climb or additional tools. The procedure is depicted in Figure 61.
Procedure:
Remove the Ethernet cable from PoE jack of the power supply for at least 10 seconds.
Reconnect the Ethernet cable to re-supply power to the ePMP device for 3-5 seconds and disconnect cable to power off the ePMP device for 3-5 seconds. (1st power cycle)
Reconnect the Ethernet cable to re-supply power to the ePMP device for 3-5 seconds and disconnect cable to power off the ePMP device for 3-5 seconds. (2nd power cycle)
Reconnect the Ethernet cable to re-supply power to the ePMP device for 3-5 seconds and disconnect cable to power off the ePMP device for 3-5 seconds. (3rd power cycle)
Reconnect the Ethernet cable to re-supply power to the ePMP device for 3-5 seconds and disconnect cable to power off the ePMP device for 3-5 seconds. (4th power cycle)
Reconnect the Ethernet cable to re-supply power to the ePMP device for at least 30 seconds and allow it to go through the boot up procedure (Note: Device will go through an additional reset automatically). This will reset the current configuration files to factory default configuration (e.g. IP addresses, Device mode, RF configuration etc.). The device can be pinged from a PC to check if boot up is complete (Successful ping replies indicates boot up is complete).
7 Access the ePMP device using the default IP address of 192.168.0.1 (AP) or 192.168.0.2 (SM).

1 Like

Sakid

Device is in shop and not mounted on a tower.

Changed my PC to the same sub-net of your suggested IP's. I was not able to ping either the 169.254.1.1 or the 192.168.0.1 (or .2) IP's. I did notice the network connection in my task bar shows no connection, back to a searching for connection. I am using a crossover direct to the POE of the radio. I also used the 10.1.1.254 IP- same results.

Used "arp -a"  command with nothing appearing similar to the mac address I show on the device's SN label (ESN).

Have tried the power cycle method to reset the device to factory defaults and repeated you process. Nothing changes. 

Ted,

What kind of radio is this? The syncronized unit or the integrated/CSM units? Are you using a standard PoE power supply from Cambium?

You said, you are using a direct crossover to the PoE of the radio - just trying to understand that part.

Sakid

p.s. If you give me a phone #, I can call you as well and see if we can help you out

Model number - C058900P122A

The device is a ePMP1000 Non- GPS sync Connectorized Radio.

Additional notes:

The tech that was updating the software did mention that he might have tried to load the GPS firmware not the version I have attached.

As mentioned before, the network disconnected during the update process.

I feel that the "U-Boot" firmware (9344_px 1.1.4.a (Dec 7 2013-01:24:01)) might be corrupted and in need of a re-load. Can this be done here or must I send it to Cambium?

I have a crossover patch cable in between the Poe and my test pc (no network switch or router involved) and a standard patch going from the poe to the device. Clear?

Attachment gives me an error during the attachment process.

The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type

You have my e-mail address? Send me a quick message and I will provide you my information.

i am having the same problem exactly ....is there any solution for that issue?

Hi Mahdi,

Can you please contact our customer support engineers at http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/support/contact-support

Thanks,

Balaji

Check out my thread: Accidently power failure during upgrade
Hope it'll be helpful.

hi I have the same problem with a EPMP 1000, how do I fix it?
Thank you

Hi,

What type of ePMP do you have? Is this non-GPS Synced or GPS Synced?

What FW version was installed on device?

Tahnk you.