I've been tasked with the process of setting up the Force 180 PTP bridge for the small company I work for. It connects alright and I've been able to login via the discovery tool and IP, as well as get the devices linked to cnMaestro. Unfortunately I'm getting only uplink speeds of 54 Mbps when doing the Wireless Link Test. Getting 75 down. Advertised as having 200 MBps throughput. The kit consists of two pre-configured ePMP1000 units, which I have not attempted tweaking thus far.
Biggest problem I see from what you have posted so far is an RSSI of -13 for one of the units. This is an extremely strong signal that will overload the front end of the receiver causing severe signal distortion. This is most likely the Slave/SM and not the Master/AP. I have never used the preconfigured units, but I am sure the SM with these kits have auto power set and most likely set to -50 as this is what the other units RSSI displays.
You will need to log into the Master/AP and reduce its transmit power until the SM shows a RSSI around -50.
I'd try to get the signal to -55dBm on each side. ALSO... what channel width are you using? 20MHz or 40MHz? If you're using a 20MHz channel width then 90mbps is pretty close to the theoretical 100mbps maximum HDX. 40MHz should give you about 200mbps HDX maximum, again, assuming perfect conditions.
Glad to hear you're getting better speeds! Having a good signal and SnR along with the proper channel width are a few of the keys to success with wireless links!
Yeah, I'm stoked! The boss will be stoked too! Thanks for the help.
I noticed the SM power was set to auto, value of 7. I changed it to manual and dropped it down to -20. it didn't seem to change the (speed) results of the Wireless Link Test very much. Also tried tweaking the AP power to get RSSI closer to -55 but that negatively impacted speed.
This is awesome. Not just for you.. for all of us.. I love seeing the community coming together to help each other.
Yeah, I was just thinking how awesome and knowledgable this community is, especially members like @Eric Ozrelic. With Cambium probably in WISPAPALOOZA limbo this week, its great to have a community like this.
Thanks again for all the help on this. After going outside, through windows, when first setup it was barely connecting. I could see the web gui, then shortly after it would indicate disconnection and begin scanning again. I did need to bump up the TX strength on the AP to keep RSSI values in the mid-50s, and then was able to maintain a steady connection with good speed.
Hoping all goes well when set up on the Vegas strip with tons of radio signal bouncing around! Looks like AP does an auto channel selection at boot if that option is selected.