Broadcast VC High Discards

I'm curious, I've been receiving a large percentage of packet discards on the Broadcast VC, and am unsure why.  Can anyone tell me when and why this VC is used?

Did you ever get an answer to this? Curious as I am looking at the same high discards on a PMP 450m. 

@Montana Net wrote:

I'm curious, I've been receiving a large percentage of packet discards on the Broadcast VC, and am unsure why.  Can anyone tell me when and why this VC is used?

The Broadcast Data Channel (aka Broadcast VC) is in a PMP AP in the downlink direction. All broadcast packets will be placed in this Data Channel and received by all SMs. Note it is sent at the lowest modulation, 1X MIMO-A. It is not guaranteed however. So it is repeated according to the Broadcast Repeat Count setting at the AP.

If the Multicast Data Channel is enabled, multicast traffic will be sent over this Data Channel at the specific Multicast data rate and repeat count. However if Multicast Data Channel is disabled, then multicast traffic will be sent over the Broadcast Data Channel.

I'm not aware of any issues with 450m and the Broadcast Data Channel on the 16.1.1.1 software release.