C3VoIP-200P Voltage Range and PoE Input?

By any chance can the C3VoIP-200P be powered from the WAN port? 

Also, what is the input voltage range for the standard power port on the C3VoIP-200P and C3VoIP-200?

Thanks, Chris

C3 units ending in "P" can supply power to an ePMP/PMP SM radio via the WAN port, but it cannot be powered via that port.

The PoE enabled units require 12vdc 3amps... non-PoE units are 12vdc 2amps.

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

The PoE enabled units require 12vdc 3amps... non-PoE units are 12vdc 2amps.

I'm actually looking for the range of acceptable voltages the device can accept and function correctly, rather than the specifications of the provided AC adapter. 

For example, the ePMP Integrated radios come with a 30V 0.5A power supply, but the radios are specified to handle a range of 10-30V and require a maximum of 7W. 

We'll need an engineer to weigh in on this but I would bet money that it's input voltage is 12vdc +- 1vdc. Using an adapter that's capable of more amps won't hurt it, but using one with less then the recommened amps would result in unstable operation or it just not powering on.

@uberdome wrote:

...what is the input voltage range for the standard power port on the C3VoIP-200P and C3VoIP-200?

I would still like to know this information. In my specific application, I'm going to be powering the C3VoIP-200P / R200P with a 12V lead acid battery.

I would like to know the voltage range to help answer these questions:

• Do I need a voltage regulator between the battery and the router, or will it accept the normal range of a discharging lead acid battery?
  • Can I charge the battery while connected, or will that voltage be too high for the router?
  • Should I have an automatic low-voltage disconnect to protect the battery if I risk discharging too far, or will the router stop drawing when below a minimum voltage?
  • Is there a voltage monitor in the system that I can access by SNMP or other means to check status of the input voltage?

Thanks, 

Chris

I too am interested in this - Hopefully the unit will run on 24v and output 24v for longer cable runs. A UPS could be created by float charging two SLA batteries in series, wired in parallel with the router on the output of a decent sized 24v power adapter.

@raytaylor wrote:

I too am interested in this - Hopefully the unit will run on 24v and output 24v for longer cable runs. A UPS could be created by float charging two SLA batteries in series, wired in parallel with the router on the output of a decent sized 24v power adapter.

I received a reply stating the input voltage range for the R200 and R200P is 9-15V, with a specific warning not to ever go above 16V. This is a wide enough range to charge or run on a single 12V lead acid battery, and wide enough to run on a PoE out port of a Mikrotik powered by a 12V battery with the associated voltage drop. A UPS could be created as you suggested, but only with SLA batteries wired in parallel. I'm trying to come up with a good DC solution that could be deployed at the customer's request for battery backup.

The PoE output of the R200P is stepped up very close to 30V, and is capable of 12W as noted here:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnPilot/R200P-PoE-Output/m-p/45257/highlight/true#M64

-Chris