Calibration questions

Hi.
Anyone know what exactly calibration does ?
Is this some way to increase the power level of the canopys ?
What does calrssi and calpower do ??

And one more question…why was my previous question deleted ?

Please help me with this…I have a canopy link that is working with really bad levels and sometimes the slaves loses its registration with the master.
I am using 10 Mbps 5.2 Ghz Backhauls.

Calibration allows you to view the power levels instead of just the RSSI & Jitter. RSSI can vary from each radio so a calibrated radio should be used to read the more true number, the power level. Calibration doesn’t improve performance; its only improves the measurement of the power received.

calrssi and calpower are unsupported commands and shouldn’t be used. They don’t increase power levels.

There were a small number of older radios that were shipped uncalibrated. To see if your radio is calibrated just look at the status page. If the RSSI is in red, and the power level isn’t reported, then your radio needs to be calibrated. All newer radios have been shipping with the calibrated values already put in at the factory.

To calibrate the unit you need to go to OLD URL , enter in the MAC for your radios, and then an email will be sent to you with the cal data. You then need to go into the radio http://169.254.1.1/mac.html to enter the data from the email. Again, the information you put in the mac.html is specific to each individual radio. Putting false information in there will reduce your radio’s performance.

Canopy_Support wrote:

There were a small number of older radios that were shipped uncalibrated. To see if your radio is calibrated just look at the status page. If the RSSI is in red, and the power level isn’t reported, then your radio needs to be calibrated. All newer radios have been shipping with the calibrated values already put in at the factory.

I have one SM that returns no data when requested and the message says :

"Note: An asterisk ("*") in the calibration data indicates that the
information is either currently not available or you entered an
incorrect or misformatted MAC address."

Does this mean the data does not exsist and there is no way to get it ??

Panzer

The “*” value emailed to you for calibration typically means your unit shipped with the proper values and is already calibrated.

Read the previous post from Canopy Support about an RSSI displayed in red. What they did not state explicitly is that if the RSSI is displayed in black, and the power level is shown, then the unit is calibrated.