Can SM's be brought back to life

For no apparent reason; an SM failed to be able to access its Canopy web page after two weeks of service. It was replaced by another 5200 SM and after about a week it failed in a similar way. The link LED does not light; nor the LED next to it (all others appear to flash normally). I have tried the “default plug” and changed power supplies and checked the ethernet cable. Could the D Link ethernet NIC card in the computer have been the culprit?. I didn’t have a surge suppressor installed; but there was no known power supply problem at this home.
Are there any suggestions as to how to regain communication with the SM’s; considering that the 40 year MTBF wasn’t reached by either radio; and I doubt that the 110 V supply had anything to do with either failure.
I certainly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks .

This may not be your problem, I am slightly color blind, So one of my first I crossed one of my cat-5 cables it ran for about 5 mins before it shorted out.
Thus I gained the name clueless

clueless wrote:
This may not be your problem, I am slightly color blind, So one of my first I crossed one of my cat-5 cables it ran for about 5 mins before it shorted out.
Thus I gained the name clueless

Oh its exactly my problem too. However thats what they make cable checkers for; and I tested the cable before installation and again after the problem arose. I guess it could have been the Motorola pigtail power supply that I changed out too.
Is there any hope for rejuvenating SM's that have link LED's that won't light (and please don't ask me what color they are)?

I’m sorry none that I know, I wish someone repaired them. I have the one that is shorted out and one that just quit no lights at all. There is place that will fix two and keep one but I’m not too sure about them.